2023 Saint Xavier Tigers

At Intrasquad scrimmage this morning, I think the offense did well with QB Trevor Havill looking improved from last year. WR corps led by Marlon Harbin did well as didn't see very many drops. Defense had some stops but overall offense looked better which I expected. Hard to glean a lot from intrasquad scrimmage so scrimmage with Frederick Douglass next week will give a better indication of team strengths/weaknesses.

3 hours ago, Tigerpride94 said:

But with so many questions surrounding his St. Xavier High School football team entering the 2023 season – namely on defense – Wallace is downplaying the Tigers’ top-100 national ranking and likely No. 1 spot in The Courier Journal’s preseason Class 6A poll.

Appreciate Coach Wallace repping the BE Charger toboggan.  He knows what’s up!  😂

• Like 1

Not specific to football but Saint Xavier posted this today on Facebook:

We are excited to introduce Mrs. Barbara Peterson, the newest member of our World Languages Department. Mrs. Peterson has taught in the Archdiocese for the last seven years and is a graduate of the University of Cumberlands, where she earned Masters’ Degrees in both Teaching and Educational Leadership. "Not being from Louisville, I did not quite understand the parochial school concept. Being blessed with the opportunity to student teach at St. X gave me a whole new perspective on education and what I wanted for my children. St. X exhibits pride and excellence. Being here is to fall in love with the culture and community of like-minded educators with the desire to help each young man who enters those doors succeed. When you choose St. X, you choose a unique place to educate, nurture, and foster a young man toward becoming a moral, well-rounded, capable adult. Simply put, being part of that is just amazing," she said. She has four children, twin girls starting their freshmen year at Mercy and two boys ages 11 and 7. Welcome back, Mrs. Peterson!

peterson.jpg

• Like 1