Chili Bowl coming to Cincinnati?

Walter

The Cincinnati USA Sports Commission has announced that it is exploring bringing a college football bowl game to the Queen City.

Once the event meets official approval, the game would be held at TQL Stadium and would air exclusively on the CW Network.

• Thanks 1

Last season, Shane Beamer got doused in Duke's Mayo after beating NC in the bowl.  Who's the first coach to get a Cincinnati Chili?  And do they get to choose if it's Skyline, GoldStar, Empress or Dixie?

Other than that, I'm with @theguru, we don't need two more 6-6 teams being rewarded for mediocrity.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The Raven said:

Last season, Shane Beamer got doused in Duke's Mayo after beating NC in the bowl.  Who's the first coach to get a Cincinnati Chili?  And do they get to choose if it's Skyline, GoldStar, Empress or Dixie?

I will take any of the four but give me Dixie Chili. 

• Like 1

On 12/30/2022 at 10:38 AM, I gotta go to work said:

The CW???

My same thought.... Nobody is watching a bowl game that isn't on ESPN/ABC.

I do like the below thinking from those involved trying to make this happen:

Outside of the game, one of the goals of the bowl would be to act as a networking event for players. The day after the game, 30 regional corporate leaders will be invited to host a "Big Wigs Business Brunch," giving student-athletes from the participating schools a chance to meet and network with business leaders to discuss employment opportunities.

I think this could be fun for the city/area but gotta ask how it fits in the FBS playoff overhaul plans?  Additionally, TQL only holds 26k. I know most Bowl games are friends/family only in attendance, but Can’t imagine this really being a big deal at the end of the day.