Campbell County 61 Newport 40

2 minutes ago, Baseball Nut 24 said:

Big win for the Camels. Thought this would be much closer.

Game was close for 3 quarters.  Kinney sat out the entire 2nd half with what looked to be a knee injury. Newport ran into foul trouble in the 4th.  Miller had 25 of the 40 points, no one else could buy a basket.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, 4 Quarters said:

Game was close for 3 quarters.  Kinney sat out the entire 2nd half with what looked to be a knee injury. Newport ran into foul trouble in the 4th.  Miller had 25 of the 40 points, no one else could buy a basket.

Miller is a beast but will obviously need help as the season moves along. Hopefully Kinney is ok and they were being cautious with him. 

I'm Sorry, just not impressed with Newport, I know they are young but Camels beat them pretty easily and Camels top scorer didn't contribute much.  Kinney kid played pretty much the entire game besides 4 or 5 minutes.  I just expected more from Newport. 

1 hour ago, Coach12 said:

I'm Sorry, just not impressed with Newport, I know they are young but Camels beat them pretty easily and Camels top scorer didn't contribute much.  Kinney kid played pretty much the entire game besides 4 or 5 minutes.  I just expected more from Newport. 

I don't know where you were watching the game from, but trust me, Kinney did not play 1 second in the second half.  I'm not saying that was the game changer, but it did not help Newport's chances.

46 minutes ago, Baseball Nut 24 said:

People were wanting to put them at #2 or #3 in the region I thought. Maybe they will be better as the year goes but I'll take experience/seniors over youth any day. 

Yes, they will hit several bumps in the road this year.

1 hour ago, 4 Quarters said:

I don't know where you were watching the game from, but trust me, Kinney did not play 1 second in the second half.  I'm not saying that was the game changer, but it did not help Newport's chances.

I'm sorry bud, got him confused with #12 the second half, but still wouldn't have been a problem for the camels, guess I was just enjoying the taste of that nice popcorn from the concession stand and not paying attention.