Russell 51 East Carter 27

Your guess is as good as mine, the announcers mentioned his knee wasn't giving him any problems. You're right though, a game that was over by halftime, not sure why you risk him aggravating that injury.

That sounds like a coaches call not a good one IMO.

Hmmm, I really dont know why Dodd would have even one of his starters in with 2 minutes left in this game. I really thought that he had a lot of character as a coach when he sat a few of his boys out for discipline reasons.Makes me wonder. Oh well, nice win for Russell, I thought they would come out fired up and win this one.

Don't want to take away anything from Russell's defense, they did play great, but East Carter never attacked the defense. They stood and stood and stood and stood and stood. Coach Baker said in his post game show that his team was "passive" which was so true. They just couldn't get things going. They missed early and you guys know when you keep missing, that goal gets smaller and smaller. I think it was a combination of the "D" and East Carter's lack of aggression against said "D". Just my opinion and what I saw.

I watched the Vanhoose kid play this year and was very impressed with him. They need to rest his knee if he is having problems with it. I think Russell has a real good shot to win the 16th if Vanhoose stays healthy.