Bowling Green 34 South Warren 0

Purple88

Absolute phenomenal performance by the Purples tonight. Great gameplay and playcalling by the coaches.

Players excuted well.  What a win!  Shutout and absolutely dominated the Spartans.

I will say South didn’t look they even wanted to be there from start. Their body language in warmups was bad.  They seemed to me to almost quit once they went down two scores.  Even the playcalling kind of resembled that.  I don’t know.

it’s been a long season for South. They’ve been beaten up and it can be tough. 

Great job by Bowling Green.

• Like 1

What a win!

Best performance by a BG team in some time, maybe since the 2020 State Championship game.  @Killowatt59 is exactly right; from pregame South's energy was negative and BGs was really positive.  You would see it.  To be honest, I'm not sure what has happened to South.  In all 11 games these 2 have played this is the first shut out.  That speaks volumes to me.  South's playcalling to me was pitiful.  Not one screen I can recall.  I can remember they wore BG out on screens in the regular season game in 2020.  They get a nice deep pass mid second quarter.  Did they throw another the rest of the night?  Even try?  Their gameplan was running up the middle.  BG was ready for that and it was like they packed their suit case and were just standing around waiting for the clock to run out.  I don't know, but a really poor look for South IMO.

For BG, SO many pluses; starting with Kicker Collin Fratus, who just committed to Campbellsville this week.  Congrats Collin!  On the opening kickoff, he hit the cross bar and it went over for what would have been a 70 yard FG.  Now he did have a gusty wind behind him but still.  QB Deuce Bailey improves every game.  The BG RBs are fast and strong and are tough to handle when paired with as diverse a WR package as I can remember for the Purples.  Did the offensive line allow even a touch on Bailey tonight?  And they weren't even the strongest unit on the field for BG.

The Purples defense came to play.  Their best effort of the season by a mile!  That DLine was legit tonight; LBs filling the holes all night; Agustin Nyembo with as athletic an INT as you will see to pair with the one he had as a Freshman at St X.  They forced a TON of 3 and outs tonight.

BG won the coaching battle by a mile tonight IMO.  BG was really ready to play and South just wasn't.  BG used the thrashing they got from X and now rollin like my man @Brown said!

On to South Oldham!  Go Purples!

• Like 2

Very impressive win for the Purple and Gold!

I still can’t believe that ALL of our skill players are so young. In fact, VERY YOUNG! They are as talented a group as any previous skill positions from top to bottom as the Purples has had. You may question that but I truly believe it to be true. I’ve seen every skill unit the Purples has had since the early/mid 80’s.  

QB, Deuce Bailey, continues to improve and the game is starting to look easy for this SOPHOMORE. The kid can play. D1. With any future help from the O-line next two seasons, he will have video game like numbers. Smart, accurate, cannon (big time cannon!) and great legs is all apart of his arsenal. 

The secret sauce for the Purples this season has certainly been the O-line. They are a great unit. 

Will the Purples get another ring? Doubtful. But it doesn’t take away from the fact of how this team is starting to gain their identity. Identity for not just this season. Their skill players are the Alphas and they know it; this confidence is a great thing for high school kids.

“7 on 7’ tourneys that feature still positions will certainly be fun to watch for Purples in the coming off seasons! 

Go Purples!

• Like 1