Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Somerset 41 Green County 30

Featured Replies

Congrats to Somerset. They played well. They hit the big plays when they needed them. Bailey played hard and had some big runs, but Somerset beat the dragons with the pass tonight, and the Dragons couldn’t stop them when needed. 
 

Let me start with saying I feel like the Dragons play calling was suspect tonight, the last three games the dragons have thrown the ball entirely to much and haven’t rode Houchens for the entire game. Tonight was the night, you ride your horse and if you take a loss, you take a loss, but the Dragons again threw the ball entirely to much when they had the best player on the field in Houchens. 
 

With that said, Blake Houchens had a monster game for the Dragons, hate see this is his last game for the Dragons, he’s been the best player on the field every game he’s played this year. Multiple sacks with one being a strip sack that the Dragon recovered where he came from the back side defensive end and sacked the WB who had rolled out to the opposite side, and he had multiple tackles for loss, while rushing for 100 plus yards tonight. He’s going to be tough to replace. 
 

With all of that said, Green County had a great year, and will miss some great seniors, but they return a bunch of really good football players next year, and most linemen as well. It’s always tough to watch young men play their last game of high school football. I wish those young men success in the future. 

Congrats to Somerset again, good luck next week and go beat LCA. 

1 hour ago, Statsdontlie said:

How did Guy Bailey play for Somerset?

20 carries for 136 yards and 2 touchdowns.

5 catches for 105 yards. 

I haven't seen the defensive stats. 

1 minute ago, Carl Spackler said:

20 carries for 136 yards and 2 touchdowns.

5 catches for 105 yards. 

I haven't seen the defensive stats. 

I really like the Bailey kid, he ran hard, nothing flashy, just I’m here to do my job and help my team win. They also really schemed his touches in the passing game well tonight. Those quick outs with him and number 14 out of the back field killed the Dragons all night. I believe they scored twice on those screen. 
Out of the games I watched, this was the best game they have played throwing the football. Passes were on the spot and some guys made great catches in traffic, and made some kids miss tackles and has speed in space. 

That’s the first time I had ever been to dragon stadium and it is a really nice environment. I liked the whole set up I like the way the stands are close to the action and on top of that it felt like an early September night a lot of people wearing short sleeves they do have a really nice field and a Jumbotron. That being said I think everyone in the Somerset stands though this would wind up the season but they played probably the best game they have played all year. They spread the ball around and got other people involved instead of a one trick pony show the way they have done all year long. Kam Hughes#13 got 2 screen passes in space where he could run I think he had 2 catches for 89 yards with over 100 yards of total offense and guy Bailey with over 100 that’s a pretty good 1-2 punch but for some reason that just don’t happen every week.

Green played decent at times. The play calling was questionable at times. Houchens was a beast all night. Houchens and Seymour didn't get the touches I had expected. Alot of mental mistakes head down diving attempted tackles. Unfortunate penalties one for roughing the kicker that changed momentum in first half. This turned into 7 for somerset. Honestly if it wasn't for Somersets dropped passes they would have won more heavily. Good luck to Somerset the rest of the playoffs.

 

 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.