Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Phillies vs. Astros (2022 World Series)

Featured Replies

Announcers said that was the biggest comeback World Series win since 1956.  I think, or something to that effect. 

  • Replies 80
  • Views 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • $310 including the original $10.

  • My arrival to Philadelphia got pushed back a day because of the Game 3 postponement, but still on schedule to be there tomorrow evening for Game 4. I'll hold up a sign for you, MJ, telling the Phillie

  • MJAlltheWay24
    MJAlltheWay24

    Haha that would be nice.  But I'm here for all the sweating until there are Four W's for the Phillies.

Posted Images

  • Author

One of the guys in the post game broadcast said it was the Astros worst loss of the year.

33 minutes ago, sportsfan41 said:

Announcers said that was the biggest comeback World Series win since 1956.  I think, or something to that effect. 

For an NL Team.   Game 2 of the 1956 Series, Brooklyn trailed the Yankees 6-0 and came back to win 13-8.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/BRO/BRO195610050.shtml

 

Largest Ever was The Philadelphia A's over the Cubs in Game 4 of the 1929 Series.  Scored 10 runs in the bottom of the 7th to erase an 8-0 deficit.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/PHA/PHA192910120.shtml

Fun to watch.  I could probably count on one hand how many games I watched as long as I did tonight. 

Houston off to another quick start tonight.  Already 2-0 Astros in the bottom of the 1st.

Houston tacks on 1 more.   3-0 Astros after 1

Bregman with a 2 run HR.  5-0 Houston after 5.

Castellanos scores on a sac fly.  5-1 mid 7th.

Jose Altuve, who has been stinking up the post-season, is now 3 for 4 tonight.  Could be trouble if he catches fire.

Phils plate a run in the 9th, but Houston holds on for the 5-2 win.   Series knotted at 1 and headed to Philadelphia.

On 10/28/2022 at 12:31 PM, theguru said:

What is your bet?

My buddies and I each put just $10 on the Phillies to win the World Series back in March before the season started.  They were +3000.

Just a dumb reason to follow a team other than the Reds throughout the year and its made it pretty exciting.

On 10/29/2022 at 12:40 AM, theguru said:

Phillies win game one 6 to 5.  The 10th inning was exciting. 

That catch by Castellanos was fantastic.  I jumped off the couch on the Realmuto HR. Had me sweating in the bottom of the 10th.

11 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

My buddies and I each put just $10 on the Phillies to win the World Series back in March before the season started.  They were +3000.

Just a dumb reason to follow a team other than the Reds throughout the year and its made it pretty exciting.

I see a potential BGP party in my future.

  • Author
1 hour ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

My buddies and I each put just $10 on the Phillies to win the World Series back in March before the season started.  They were +3000.

Just a dumb reason to follow a team other than the Reds throughout the year and its made it pretty exciting.

 

1 hour ago, nkypete said:

I see a potential BGP party in my future.

What will that pay if you win?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.