Spencer County vs.Western Hills 

11:45

Anderson County vs. Paul Lawrence Dunbarr 

North Oldham vs. Gallatin County

1:30

Bellevue vs. Owen County 

Williamstown vs. Ballard

Just now, The Double Deuce said:

Ryle has a great pre-season event, but I can't recall the name of it, ergo, I can't find the match-ups.  When I find it, I'll throw it in here.

Battle of the Border!!!  Doh!

Saturday the 12th at Ryle.

8:30 AM  Simon Kenton vs Sycamore (OH)

10:00 AM  Holy Cross vs Mt. Notre Dame (OH)

11:30 AM  Ryle vs Purcell Marian (OH)

1:00 PM  Cooper vs Lakota East (OH)

2:30 PM  GRC vs Summit Country Day (OH)

4:00 PM  Central vs Turpin (OH)

5:30 PM  Notre Dame vs Milford (OH)

7:00 PM  Campbell Co. vs Roger Bacon (OH)

Hooparama - November 19th at Franklin County

8:30am Owen County vs. LCA

10:00am Walton Verona vs. Madison Central

12:00pm CAL vs. North Laurel

1:45pm Franklin County vs. Notre Dame

3:30pm Tates Creek vs. Grant County

5:00pm Berea vs. Pendleton County

6:45pm Meade County vs. Pulaski County

8:30pm Dunbar vs. Spencer County

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2022 at 10:42 AM, The Double Deuce said:

Battle of the Border!!!  Doh!

Saturday the 12th at Ryle.

8:30 AM  Simon Kenton vs Sycamore (OH)

10:00 AM  Holy Cross vs Mt. Notre Dame (OH)

11:30 AM  Ryle vs Purcell Marian (OH)

1:00 PM  Cooper vs Lakota East (OH)

2:30 PM  GRC vs Summit Country Day (OH)

4:00 PM  Central vs Turpin (OH)

5:30 PM  Notre Dame vs Milford (OH)

7:00 PM  Campbell Co. vs Roger Bacon (OH)

Given the crappy weather tomorrow, I'm thinking of popping out to Ryle for several of these great exhibition games.  Ryle always does  a great job with this event.

13 hours ago, Hoops Junkie said:

Any take aways DD?

I stayed for the first 4 games:

* Pernell for SK continues to get better, but overall the Pioneers look just okay.  She is composed and confident for an 8th grader with the ball in her hands a lot, so they will be okay, but not a ton of "jump off the page talent".  

*  Sycamore looks like they'll struggle this year in Ohio.

*  Julia Hunt didn't play for Holy Cross, so that is a major impact, obviously.  I think if HC can get their wings to make 30% or more from the arc, they'll be a real handful, but if they don't get consistent court-stretching from those 2 positions, they will need to get easy buckets in transition to beat the tougher teams on their schedule.  Julia is obviously terrific.  They will be missing Wimzie and what she brings, at least until she is back and then eventually close to 100%.  Aleah Arlinghaus is so consistent, and can make open shots.  The newcomers are still finding their way.

*  MND looked really solid, even with everything they lost.  They may have been the best team of the day at Ryle, and were certainly the best team of the 8 I watched.  They will be a real problem in the GGCL again this year, predictably.

*  Meredith didn't play for Ryle, so a team lacking depth was even shorter.  Ryle has 4 VERY GOOD to OUTSTANDING players, but they are really, really thin.  Assuming Meredith is back for the first game, they have some veteran consistency at the point to go with their other 4 high-level players, but they are going to have develop some pieces on the bench or their margin for error will be razor-thin.

*  Dee Alexander for Purcell was the best player in the gym all day, period, no argument.  She is just different.  There is a reason she is a Top 10-ish sophomore in the country.  They don't have a bunch around her, but they do have enough to hold their own while she just dominates at both ends.  Their coach is fun as well, I always enjoy watching him run his team.  

*  Cooper is going to get after you defensively.  LOVE how Holthaus runs his team, he has added another great perimeter defender, and they are going to make everything that you want to do hard.  I think a dominant big can and will give Cooper some issues, assuming you can get the ball to them in the half-court with their on-the-ball pressure, but you're going to have to be very disciplined and tough with the ball to score against the Jags in the half-court.  They would be my #1 team in NKY / 9th to start the year...not exactly a hot take, I know.

*  I expected more from Lakota East than I saw. I don't know if they were missing a key piece or two, and certainly Cooper is going to make a lot of teams struggle, but I really thought Lakota East would look and feel more like MND did.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Father Time said:

Lady Demon Pre-Season Classic Sat 11/19/22

10am - Gallatin Co. vs Boone Co.

11:30am - Fairdale vs Williamstown

1:00pm - Conner vs Male

2:30pm - Holy Cross (Cov) vs Danville Christian

4:00pm - Holy Cross (Lou) vs Bracken Co.

5:30pm - Harrison Co. vs Beechwood

Thank you, @Father Time, some really good match-ups down in Dub-Town.

Please share with us your thoughts after any of the games you're able to see.  Specifically around that Conner vs Male game, that should be terrific.

• Like 1

I was able to watch 2 games.

Conner- Male

Holy Cross - Danville Christian

Male beat Conner by 5 in a game that was hard to watch. More fouls and turnovers then points. Males style of play, very intense scrappy trapping full court press off makes and misses, dictated a lot of the chaos. 

Male was led by a senior core and a very promising 8th grader who had 11 points!!

Conner was led by Anna Hamilton with 18 or 20.

Conner missing two starters in this one including Juliet Strange!

Holy Cross- Danville-

Danville led from the tip and didn’t look back! Holy Cross made a push late second half but came up short.

Julia Hunt played well but is still getting into basketball shape!

Holy Cross was without a few starters!

Danville has a 6’3-4’ sophomore that has amazing potential.

She was best player on the floor in this game!