Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Owensboro at Henderson County Predictions/Updates

Red Devils vs. Colonels 33 members have voted

  1. 1. The winner will be...

    • Owensboro
      54%
    • Henderson County
      45%

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 10/28/2022 at 11:00 PM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

19 hours ago, Devils Fan said:

This game should be very competitive. I had to go back and watch some film on Owensboro to see if there has been any improvements on either side of the ball. Watched 3 games in particular before commenting. St. X, O’ Cath and Graves County. On defense the Red Devils appear to have made the biggest jump in improvements. Against St. X the pass and out side rush defense were good but it was obvious the middle of our defense was the weak point as the majority of there yards came straight up the middle. O’Cath recognized this and took advantage along with injuries to some key players (Goodwin being the biggest factor). Ran up the middle for short gains controlling the clock limiting the Red Devil possessions. Since that game O not only returned key starters in Johnson and Goodwin but added freshman Eli Hampton to the middle of the defense who is just about on every tackle . Young man brings more size speed and aggression to the middle of the defense and is getting better game by game it feels like. Also bringing Crowe in at OLB and some DE into the mix brings a lot more speed to the pass rush. In the secondary I see improvement as well CB’s are playing more aggressive and tend to be in better positions to make plays on the ball Robinson being undersized still worries me, better teams will take advantage of this and the Red Devils will have to be ready to make that adjustment fast if need be and replace him with Carbon.

On offense at the beginning of the season it seemed as if the Red Devils only had one calling card and it was give the ball to Carbon. Although that is effective on lesser quality teams it won’t be on top quality teams. As the season has progressed O has spread the football out with some familiar names like Pendleton and Rogers getting more touches which only opens things up for Carbon that much more. There’s also a new face on the scene freshman Evan Hampton. He's got varsity size on him he’s a strong runner with speed and elusive with the ball in his hands. Most of his touches go for 6. I believe he can make a big impact down the road this season Red Devils need to find creative ways to get him the ball in big games. The offensive line is playing great at the moment, like @Brown said I expect them to be able to some what neutralize Hendersons Dline to an extent. Still don’t know what to expect from Boone at QB at this point he hasn’t been able to take the top off of any defense we’ve played but maybe that’s just not his game. If he can continue to just complete the short to intermediate routes to keep the chains moving and let his athletes do the rest this offense should be able to keep rolling. 

I’ll admit I don’t know to much about Henderson other than the bits and pieces I saw against Tilghman. Clements is a Monster on that Dline but there defense as a whole isn’t anything O hasn’t already seen this year in St. X. I expect them to be able to move the chains consistently and a big game from carbon as he proves he’s the best running back on this side of the state. There QB worries me the most and looks to be the biggest threat in my eyes he’s got an arm and he’s mobile similar to O’ Cath Qb who gave Owensboro issues. Either way I feel if O wants to be a serious contender in 5A they need to put Henderson away. 
 
Give me the Red Devils 42-28

If Owensboro wins would that be considered an upset?

Thanks for all of that and on the bold I don't think so.  I don't think either team winning would be considered an upset at this point. 

  • Replies 144
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I am very interested in this game. 

  • This game will be very telling for how the Devil's post season will go IMO.   When they came out of the gate at with what I thought was a strong showing vs. St. X at the start of the season, I had ver

  • Very interesting game.  First time Owensboro's lines will be really tested in awhile.  Hendo is no joke up front on both sides.  Owensboro has the better skill guys and why I picked them.  But I think

Posted Images

Cal Preps has it

Henderson 40

Owensboro 31

Goodluck Henderson County!  I was really impressed with their defense earlier this year.  

Rooting for Henderson County for entirely selfish reason, to help the Boyle County RPI .

1 minute ago, Paul Dean said:

Rooting for Henderson County for entirely selfish reason, to help the Boyle County RPI .

Makes sense to me.

Hendo DLs one of the best I have seen this season. If they can stop the run and pressure the QB. I think they some away with the W.

The new TP94 Power Ratings have it:

Henderson County 97.97 Owensboro 93.11

Some back story - huge rivalry game.  Down through time this is Owensboro's biggest rival.  Since 2000 it's 12-11 Owensboro (most team go on streaks in this series).  This may be the best matchup in the last 20 years as far as both teams having loads of talent (senior talent).  Owensboro's 2014 team that lost to Highlands at state was BLOWN out at Henderson before that playoff run (actually the last time Hendo won).  Game can get chippy from year to year.

Henderson has been known to pull out different offensive schemes (VEER if I remember correctly), that they do NOT run until this game.  So it matters alot to both teams.  Henderson's QB is young and struggled early (against Boyle) but has made HUGE strides by this point in the season.  I think we can expect to see the best version of both teams tonight.  Owensboro is healthly and is putting a premium on defense (Goodwin hasn't been playing offense since returning).  Goodwin is such a threat on offense - I think it hurts to not let him play some series. 

Hampton, Goodwin, Clark, Early, Hines, Crowe all are great athletes  on the line and linebacker/nickel and are pretty sure tackles.  Owensboro CB's are better, but undersized unless Rogers plays some.  I don't think Henderson passes much, except for some trickery.  I expect Owensboro play calling to be as on point as it was during the X game.  Screens, draws.  Williams for Henderson if the fastest guy (track time) on field.  He's got jets.  Owensboro has to play tight defense and assignment football.  Each play can go to 3-4 runners.  I expect a bend but don't break strategy.  O has the athletes to  make some defensive stops and did last year.  Henderson had a ton of offense last year, but it turned out to be a 55-18 score.  AT Henderson is going to be much tougher.  I expect Henderson to use other teams strategy against O:  run the clock each play and shorten the game.

Owensboro 35-21

  • Author
2 hours ago, Brown said:

I don't think Henderson passes much, except for some trickery. 

They do take quite a few shots down the field, but not a lot of deception involved aside from occasional pre-snap motion and a good shoulder fake from Trajdon Davis. Hendo's offense looks far more dynamic this year.

That said, Owensboro has too much ability to not pull all of that potential together at some point. This is a perfect opportunity to see what you've got with your best eleven on the field for a few series'. Besides, I can't go against the Devils this close to Halloween.

3 hours ago, Brown said:

Some back story - huge rivalry game.  Down through time this is Owensboro's biggest rival.  Since 2000 it's 12-11 Owensboro (most team go on streaks in this series).  This may be the best matchup in the last 20 years as far as both teams having loads of talent (senior talent).  Owensboro's 2014 team that lost to Highlands at state was BLOWN out at Henderson before that playoff run (actually the last time Hendo won).  Game can get chippy from year to year.

Henderson has been known to pull out different offensive schemes (VEER if I remember correctly), that they do NOT run until this game.  So it matters alot to both teams.  Henderson's QB is young and struggled early (against Boyle) but has made HUGE strides by this point in the season.  I think we can expect to see the best version of both teams tonight.  Owensboro is healthly and is putting a premium on defense (Goodwin hasn't been playing offense since returning).  Goodwin is such a threat on offense - I think it hurts to not let him play some series. 

Hampton, Goodwin, Clark, Early, Hines, Crowe all are great athletes  on the line and linebacker/nickel and are pretty sure tackles.  Owensboro CB's are better, but undersized unless Rogers plays some.  I don't think Henderson passes much, except for some trickery.  I expect Owensboro play calling to be as on point as it was during the X game.  Screens, draws.  Williams for Henderson if the fastest guy (track time) on field.  He's got jets.  Owensboro has to play tight defense and assignment football.  Each play can go to 3-4 runners.  I expect a bend but don't break strategy.  O has the athletes to  make some defensive stops and did last year.  Henderson had a ton of offense last year, but it turned out to be a 55-18 score.  AT Henderson is going to be much tougher.  I expect Henderson to use other teams strategy against O:  run the clock each play and shorten the game.

Owensboro 35-21

Expecting a big night out of this group.

1st play Carbon for 20 plus

2 incomplete passes, run for 5 looks like punt.  Wow 20 yard run followed by 2 pass plays….hnmmmm

Hendo 3 and out punting from own endzone

O ball deep in Hendo territory 33 yard liune

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.