Bowling Green at Christian County Predictions/Updates

Purple88

Who Wins this game?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this game?

• Bowling Green
    • Christian County

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/21/2022 at 04:00 PM

Bowling Green (7-1) at Christian County (2-6)

The Purples travel west on US Route 68-80 to take on the Colonels of Christian County.  There have been many hard fought battles between these 2, but of late they have all gone in the Purples favor.  BG leads the all-time series 28-7.  Christian County’s last win in the series was a memorable 2010 Regional Semi-Final, which saw the Colonels score 2 late TDs to take down BG 14-10 in Hopkinsville.  Do the Colonels have a shot to end BG’s 11 game win streak in this series?  I would say no way on the surface, but let’s check a few variables below.

Christian County comes in this game after getting their doors blown off by South Warren 52-14.  The Colonels had 2 big pass plays in the game accounting for all their points.  They had very little rushing yards on the night against a stingy Spartan rushing defense.  That track record along with a 42-0 pummeling by Greenwood the week before is coming home to roost and it would appear that a similar fate awaits the Colonels when the Purples come calling this Friday night.

Bowling Green enters this game on a 3-game win streak after defeating a solid Greenwood team 35-7 last Friday night for Homecoming.  BG was somewhat sluggish offensively against the Gators, likely a result of 3 intense weeks of very difficult games followed by a week off, followed by facing a familiar foe you have handled 33, now 34, straight times.  QB Deuce Bailey had a lukewarm night IMO.  He was really good early with a couple first Quarter TDs, but was sloppy with a fumble and one careless INT.  Am I expecting too much, perhaps.  But in order for BG to get to where they would like to be more consistency will be needed against better teams.  And RB Javon Huddleston had another big night opening on BGs first play from scrimmage with a 98 yard TD run.  Finally, I was impressed with BGs defensive effort.  Even though they gave up some yards to Greenwood, they seemed more cohesive as a unit and were making more plays at the line of scrimmage.  Something to continue to build on.

I’m hoping BG gets a lot of reps by the Purples 2nd team this coming Friday.

Who wins this game and why?

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Killowatt59 said:

Poor Christian County.  They almost look like a middle school team.  Also there is only about 50 people sitting on their side of the stadium and that’s including the band.

It’s a shame to see how they have fallen. Having 3 coaches the last 3 years doesn’t help matters.