Trinity vs. Ballard Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/07/2022 at 11:00 PM

Trinity (4-3) will host Ballard (5-1) after defeating St. Xavier (OH) 34-7. Ballard is coming off a open week. 

Trinity had a dominating defensive effort against St. X (OH) with the defense shutting the bombers out as their only score was from a blocked punt. The offense got it done on the ground with 3 touchdowns and two field goals with one td in the air. QB Andrew Allen had two touchdowns with one rushing and other passing.

Ballard's last game was a 21-0 loss to Manual. Like most teams at the top of 6A, their strength is on defense with the Manual game being the most points they've given up all year.

Last year, Ballard nearly upset Trinity with Trinity winning 20-17 in the regular season, but in the playoffs Trinity dominated them 40-0. 

Common opponent:

Ballard 12 Male 7

Male 23 Trinity 21

This is is a pivotal District 5 game as the winner will win the district unless there is a big upset by Eastern. Trinity has won this district every year. Can Ballard get the upset or does Trinity continue the district dominance?

• Thanks 1

For Ballard to win they'll have to score points on defense or special teams. I'll take Trinity 28-3. Trinity's defense is too good and Ballard will play tough on defense too, but Trinity will likely have the advantage of good field position will allow them to have short TD drives.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hungover_in_Andover said:

Has the Trinity QB1 that was injured returned? Or is it still a backup helming the offense?

Drew definitely had more pep in his step this past week...Most people who have had them in the past know ankle/foot issues never heal right away...It is for sure something you will have to endure until the end of the season in some capacity...I thought he made a lot of great decisions and the O-Line blocked well enough to establish the run game and Drew, Luke and Clint all took advantage...I expect more of the same this week and hopefully to get DeSensi some more reps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

I don’t see Ballard scoring enough to win. 

My thoughts when Male was at T.

Ballard beat (H) at home, Male beat T at Marshall. Ballard at Trinity...color me shocked if T wins big, if at all.

Ballard has their own turf field now. So it's not an advantage.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NLTanker1 said:

My thoughts when Male was at T.

Ballard beat (H) at home, Male beat T at Marshall. Ballard at Trinity...color me shocked if T wins big, if at all.

Ballard has their own turf field now. So it's not an advantage.

Here you go again… 😂

• Haha 2

On 10/1/2022 at 4:04 AM, NLTanker1 said:

Ok,ok...

I don't know what happened the last 7 days but, keep that energy.

Maybe it was my negativity?

I think that if Drew Allen can find his touch on the pass, Trinity’s offense will go to the next level quickly. 

• Like 1