Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boyd County vs Fairview 1/9/07

Featured Replies

Boyd should win this game,Fairview will keep it close,but the young Eagles will run out of gas.

 

Boyd-56

Fairview-49

  • Replies 72
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boyd should win this game,Fairview will keep it close,but the young Eagles will run out of gas.

 

Boyd-56

Fairview-49

I would think you are right on the money, Selby may have a huge night.

If Barker is on as he was against Rose Hill, Fairview will win. If he is off as he was against Ashland, BC will win.

  • Author
If Barker is on as he was against Rose Hill, Fairview will win. If he is off as he was against Ashland, BC will win.

 

Alex Barker cannot beat Boyd County by hiself,He is a tough player dont get me wrong,Boyds size will be the facter in this one.

I don't mean to imply that Barker would beat BC by himself but merely that, considering the talent of both teams, if he is "on", he will be the difference.

I don't mean to imply that Barker would beat BC by himself but merely that, considering the talent of both teams, if he is "on", he will be the difference.

Have to say i think you arer WWWWAAAAYYYYY off on this one. There is nobody on Fairviews team that can run with Boyds starting five except Barker. Barker cant guard all five of Boyds players. I think Fairview is going to have trouble stopping Selby inside, Branhams threes, Blanton going to the hole and dishing to Selby or Mayhew when he goes to the hole. Fairview is a young team, and I dont think they can hang with BC the entire game. JMO

Have to say i think you arer WWWWAAAAYYYYY off on this one. There is nobody on Fairviews team that can run with Boyds starting five except Barker. Barker cant guard all five of Boyds players. I think Fairview is going to have trouble stopping Selby inside, Branhams threes, Blanton going to the hole and dishing to Selby or Mayhew when he goes to the hole. Fairview is a young team, and I dont think they can hang with BC the entire game. JMO

 

Boyd should have no problem scoring over 100 in this one.

Im going to continue to be humble about my Lions. While I know that Barker alone cannot beat Boyd, if a couple other players contribute a little this could turn out to be a great game. In the end I think Selby will be too much for Fairview to handle, I'll go with Boyd by 9.

Also, Fairview is down this year, they have their backs against the wall. A team with nothing to lose is a very dangerous team to play. I think Boyd will win the game, but I in no way think it will be a blow out. Keep in mind this is the same Fairview team that lost to Russell by only 5.

Fairview has lost two straight at home and I would like to say they are due for a really good game. I'm sure Boyd is about 10-15 points better than them, but I think this game will be close and will take Boyd by about 5.

I'll say Boyd by 8. However, if Boyd gets in foul trouble, Barker plays well, then Fairview could pull the upset. That's alot of "ifs" but that's what it takes when you are rebuilding.

I noticed in the preview by the Independent that Boyd had 11 players and 9 were seniors. Is this accurate?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.