Boyd County vs Fairview 1/9/07

Yes, I know this thread is about Boyd and Fairview, but that statement actually got to me a little. I did a little research: its going to be tough to "beat Boyd County (or many other local schools), this next year and so on and so on......" with the numbers Rose Hill has to work with. From what I gathered, the school graduated 11 seniors last year. Like I stated earlier, I think its wonderful what Rose Hill is doing this year and what they will continue to do for the next few years and possibly longer. But to say that you can "tell me right now that Rose Hill will beat Boyd County this next year and so on and so on...." is simply crazy. Thats a very bold statement, I do suppose I have to give Royal Blue some props for stepping out on the ledge that far.

Back to the game, I still take pounding it inside to Selby and Branham hitting some 3's. Once again, Boyd by 9.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I know this thread is about Boyd and Fairview, but that statement actually got to me a little. I did a little research: its going to be tough to "beat Boyd County (or many other local schools), this next year and so on and so on......" with the numbers Rose Hill has to work with. From what I gathered, the school graduated 11 seniors last year. Like I stated earlier, I think its wonderful what Rose Hill is doing this year and what they will continue to do for the next few years and possibly longer. But to say that you can "tell me right now that Rose Hill will beat Boyd County this next year and so on and so on...." is simply crazy. Thats a very bold statement, I do suppose I have to give Royal Blue some props for stepping out on the ledge that far.

Back to the game, I still take pounding it inside to Selby and Branham hitting some 3's. Once again, Boyd by 9.

Easy big guy,Dont get upset by somebody that does not have a clue.Its not worth it.HOW ABOUT THOSE GATORS!!!!!!!!:dancingpa :dancingpa :banana: :banana:

Nice post my friend......Royal Blue not only stepped out on the ledge...he has jumped!!!!!!!!!:creepy: :creepy: :creepy: :creepy: :creepy:

Nice post my friend......Royal Blue not only stepped out on the ledge...he has jumped!!!!!!!!!:creepy: :creepy: :creepy: :creepy: :creepy:

Geronimo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

About the game I forgot who posted it but I do agree that Thomas had alot to do with Barker's tough shooting night.

Stephens is a Senior.

QUOTE=RedBlood]I wouldnt think this would be true....

I will take a guess at their starting lineup:

Mayhew - Junior

Stephens - Junior

Billy Blanton - Senior

Branham - Senior

Selby - Junior

Only 2 Seniors on starting lineup.

Not sure of the rest of the team.

It wasn't really clear what I was saying in the last post.What I wanted to say is that Stephens is a Senior.

Back to the game.Look for the freshmen of Fairview(Collins and Hall) to have a good game.Collins is a very good athlete and Hall possesses a great deal of savvy.For BC never and I mean never underestimate the contributions of Billy Blanton.He is the only player on both teams(and probably in the region) that can play all 5 positions.Mayhew also does a very good job running the point.Playing with much more confidence this year.

To clear the air, let me say that I was not being negative toward Boyd County but was merely complimenting the ability of Alex Barker. As has been previously stated, Barker is a particular favorite of people at Rose Hill as are all of our kids who transferred. I know that our approach is contrary to the attitude of most of our neighbors toward transfers but, then, that is how it happens to be.

Boyd County is a legitimate contender in this area. They are capable of beating anyone.

Fairview does, indeed, have other players in addition to Barker. Another of my personal favorites is Cameron Hall. Cameron has a fine future and I wish for him every success.

I don't know anyone at Boyd County but I will agree with Jay Bilas that this year they are a team rather than a sideshow. I wish them well but I will be rooting for Barker, Hall, and Fairview.

Thanks Scooterbob. Now thats what I am talking about...there is no "I" in team.......however there is "ME".......LOL You cant play 5 on 1, you have to have a level balance, team effort. Every team has one or two stand outs but you have to give ALL kids props or you undermind the rest of the team. Every post about this game so far had never mentioned these other players, only Barker. My point all along was praise them all...... give them what they will be deserving of for the next few years to come:thumb: :thumb:

Thanks Scooterbob. Now thats what I am talking about...there is no "I" in team.......however there is "ME".......LOL You cant play 5 on 1, you have to have a level balance, team effort. Every team has one or two stand outs but you have to give ALL kids props or you undermind the rest of the team. Every post about this game so far had never mentioned these other players, only Barker. My point all along was praise them all...... give them what they will be deserving of for the next few years to come:thumb: :thumb:

Hall and Collins have been mentioned but I understand your point.I'm sure that Barker appreciates his teammates as much as anyone.The other 2 starters are Daniel Armstrong a 6'3" 235 lb. junior playing his first significant minutes(a few mop up minutes last year) and John Gehringer a 6'0'' forward (very limited minutes as a Jr.)that usually guards the other teams best offensive frontcourt player(Euton,McDavid,Gill).In order for Fairview to win all 5 have to play well not just one or two.

Hall and Collins have been mentioned but I understand your point.I'm sure that Barker appreciates his teammates as much as anyone.The other 2 starters are Daniel Armstrong a 6'3" 235 lb. junior playing his first significant minutes(a few mop up minutes last year) and John Gehringer a 6'0'' forward (very limited minutes as a Jr.)that usually guards the other teams best offensive frontcourt player(Euton,McDavid,Gill).In order for Fairview to win all 5 have to play well not just one or two.

I watched Fairview earlier this season, and I'm not sure which one of those guys is which, but one of them could really get off of the floor. I can't tell you his name, but he can jump. He rebounded very well the game I watched.