Poke the Bird

On 8/29/2022 at 4:19 PM, TheDeuce said:

When will some of the Bluebird faithful finally admit the talent at Highlands isn't what it once was?

This! 

With that said, I do think this years Highlands team is the most talented team they have had since their 2014 state title team. Doesn’t mean they are winning a title this year, but I do think this the most talented team they have had since then. 

57 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

This! 

With that said, I do think this years Highlands team is the most talented team they have had since their 2014 state title team. Doesn’t mean they are winning a title this year, but I do think this the most talented team they have had since then. 

Could not disagree more.  2015 team was one win away from another finals appearance and there was another year they went 10-3 when CovCath was loaded.

1 hour ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Could not disagree more.  2015 team was one win away from another finals appearance and there was another year they went 10-3 when CovCath was loaded.

Perfectly fine to disagree, but I still think this years team has the most overall talent since 2014. 

Which that 2015 lost 6 games by the way, with 5 of those 6 losses being basically blow out losses. So yes they made the semi finals that year. However, they made the semi finals with their 3 playoff wins being over teams with losing records that year. So if was a rather easy path for them to get to that semi finals.  The 10 and 3 year was solid, so that would possibly be in the discussion then with this years team, for most talented Highlands team since 2014. 

• Like 1

On 8/29/2022 at 1:33 PM, TEDFROMVILLAHILLS said:

Depends, would that coach have won or at least gotten Highlands past CovCath last year? Or to State Championship? Or won State? So many questions. Main reason the natives were restless with the prior HC is because he failed to see the talent he had and utilize them in a manner that would have helped him IMO and many others, achieve the goals they set out for. 

Highlands is in a 8 year drought from being State Champions. Myself and a lot of others knew this was going to take a couple years. There are, shall we say, “distractions” that need to be flushed. And those come at the end of this season. Moving forward, next season, if Highlands is 0-2 again vs teams that they should have competed with and/or beaten, then yeah, natives will be restless. For now, I’m watching this year and expecting nothing but great things from this team. Let’s get #24!!!

I believe that the fans were restless because they lost to SK, Ryle, Conner, and Cooper during different seasons. Cov Cath has been on a roll for a while now. They are still Highlands, but #24 is getting tougher each year with Douglas, South Warren, Scott County, Owensboro, plus a tough district at times....and I forgot BG. Let the kids play and the coaches coach. It's a long season. I keep pointing out how many fewer Bluebirds are making all state and local all star teams. No matter what players are the key.