NASA Will Finally Launch SLS - Date of Launch Unknown

Bluto

Looks like NASA has scrubbed today's Artemis 1 launch attempt due to an engine bleed issue on the core stage of the Space Launch System rocket. A post-scrub press briefing is expected in about four hours (Taken directly from the link).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Tones said:

Looks like NASA has scrubbed today's Artemis 1 launch attempt due to an engine bleed issue on the core stage of the Space Launch System rocket. A post-scrub press briefing is expected in about four hours (Taken directly from the link).

Figures...

I have listened to some talking heads talk about engine number three, valves, fuel trickling through the system, this is how these things go, etc., does anyone know when they are going to plan another launch?

14 minutes ago, theguru said:

I have listened to some talking heads talk about engine number three, valves, fuel trickling through the system, this is how these things go, etc., does anyone know when they are going to plan another launch?

Friday at 12:38pm I believe is the next soonest possibility I think. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I love how people are so down on NASA for this.   Like launching a rocket to the moon is no big deal.  A couple million dollars lost on a delayed launch is a lot better than a couple billion lost on a rocket explosion.

Yeah, we did this 53 years ago.  And every single time it was a dangerous, life and death venture.   Still is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Raven said:

I love how people are so down on NASA for this.   Like launching a rocket to the moon is no big deal.  A couple million dollars lost on a delayed launch is a lot better than a couple billion lost on a rocket explosion.

Yeah, we did this 53 years ago.  And every single time it was a dangerous, life and death venture.   Still is.

You have to get it right.  I listened to one former Astronaut talk about five delays, I believe he was part of Apollo.  

Speaking of 53 years ago, landing on the moon back then may have been the greatest achievement in human history.  We were punching way about our weight then.

We need to get back to the Moon ASAP and establish a base for several reasons and use what we learn to propel us to Mars and beyond. 

There is a great documentary called "Fight for Space" made back in 2016.  The discuss why we stopped deep space travel after Apollo 17 and why the space program at NASA is in its current state.

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, The Raven said:

There is a great documentary called "Fight for Space" made back in 2016.  The discuss why we stopped deep space travel after Apollo 17 and why the space program at NASA is in its current state.

Where can I find it, I want to watch it?

37 minutes ago, theguru said:

Where can I find it, I want to watch it?

It is currently on Amazon Prime Freevee (free with ads).  Occasionally you can catch it on prime video with no ads.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, The Raven said:

It is currently on Amazon Prime Freevee (free with ads).  Occasionally you can catch it on prime video with no ads.

I don't mind the ads, I just check in on BGP. 

Thanks, I am going to check it out as soon as I finish this episode of Ancient Aliens Declassified. 

• Like 1

• theguru changed the title to NASA Will Finally Launch SLS Saturday 9-3-22 between 2:17-4:17 PM
28 minutes ago, The Double Deuce said:

Didn't have that one on the ol' bingo card.  Enjoy!

It was really good.  It covered a lot of different religions, cultures, mega structures, the Watchers, giants, the great flood, Tesla and so much more.  Once you come to grips with the fact that extraterrestrials have been visiting our planet for eons you have to rethink everything you think you know about the planet Earth and in short the mainstream is wrong about most things. 

• theguru changed the title to NASA Will Finally Launch SLS - Date of Launch Unknown