John Hardin at Elizabethtown Predictions/Updates

John Hardin at Elizabethtown  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Can John Hardin pull the upset or does Elizabethtown roll?

• John Hardin
    • Elizabethtown

This poll is closed to new votes

There is no relief in sight for John Hardin as it visits Elizabethtown this Friday. After Elizabethtown's impressive showing against Meade County, without their starting QB, they look to roll vs John Hardin. Can John keep this one close. Unfortunately, the gauntlet of superior opponents continues for John Hardin, as their next two opponents are Central Hardin and North Hardin. John Hardin's youth and inexperience make it tough for them to be competitive in these early season matchups. Once district play starts in several weeks, they should be an improved team ready to compete against the likes of Valley and Moore HS. 

• Hardin County Preps changed the title to John Hardin at Elizabethtown Predictions/ Updates
40 minutes ago, Coach Preston said:

Great group of kids and coaches here at JH. I will take all the blame if any is dished out. I will try to be better for my kids. Tough times don't last but tough minded people do. Good luck to everyone this week. 

No blame to dish out coach. I never noticed any lack of hustle or hanging heads Friday night, and that is a positive. My son  (71) said everything was clean. There are peaks and valleys.

On 8/28/2022 at 3:35 PM, JellyRoll said:

Running clock for Etown sets them up for a huge week 4 matchup with Bardstown. 

This is a week where you hope to see E-Town execute, display focus on the task at hand, and play a clean game with minimal mistakes. You want that every week, but especially in advance of the biggest regular season game of the year. No looking ahead.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DevilMayCare said:

This is a week where you hope to see E-Town execute, display focus on the task at hand, and play a clean game with minimal mistakes. You want that every week, but especially in advance of the biggest regular season game of the year. No looking ahead.

This is spot on! This will be week 2 with Gregory back under center and I hope to see some development in the passing game. We've seen they can run the ball but will the passing game develop enough to make them a contender?

• Like 1

• theguru changed the title to John Hardin at Elizabethtown Predictions/Updates
12 minutes ago, JellyRoll said:

This is spot on! This will be week 2 with Gregory back under center and I hope to see some development in the passing game. We've seen they can run the ball but will the passing game develop enough to make them a contender?

This is definitely the week to work on some new things. I'm sure E-Town believes very strongly that they can run on John, in part because John has allowed nearly 700 yards on the ground in two games. No need to prove anything there.