Cooper 41 Dixie 36

That was a fun game to watch. Early on it looked like a Cooper blowout, but Dixie fought back. Dixie’s 2 platoon system wore down Cooper as their offense went uptempo the entire game. Dixie had a chance to win it at the end, but it wasn’t meant to be. Getting in the hole early, penalties, and dropped passes killed Dixie.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I did not see this score happening I will admit. Really fun game to watch. And surprisingly very physical. Outside of one contest in recent memory, this game has been closely contested over the past few seasons. I hope they continue to play each other.

For Dixie: Credit Dixie for absolutely clawing their way back into a game they seemed to be out of early. Lots of mistakes in the first half by the Dixie defense but again, on the field way too long because the offensive struggles continued. The second half the offense got rolling. That wildcat look with Brach Rice was a nice touch that led to a score. Couple players emerged as absolute studs for Dixie. Everyone knows Brach Rice is a beast, Armani Greg is going to be a really good QB, the kicker was three yards deep in the end zone on all of his kicks but one I believe, and receiver Trey Barnette had some really good catches at key moments. When they go tempo, they are really good. For a young team to have a chance to win and literally go down to the last play, took grit. Good game to learn from.

For Cooper: They got worn down but were able to eek out those extra yards when they needed too and kept the chains moving. Lonaker is a really good linebacker/player. The flag for helmet to helmet wasn’t a dirty play like some Dixie parents were yelling, he was just playing football and hit the wrong spot. Alexander isn’t as big as they say…yet, but he is still a very good player. They also have a young QB who is poised and made some good throws tonight. It’s early but I think Cooper is going to be dangerous once they figure it out defensively.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Once dixie puts 4 quarters together watch out!! Everyone talking about what they lost last year, but these boys are good. They had a chance to win all the way to the end of the game!! Defense was on the field for a very long time in the first half. I think that led to the first couple tds. But the second half the offense came alive. Dixies qb is gonna be a stud!! Can throw it and run it. Absolute dual threat back there. He made a 70 yard run and cooper looked like they were on skates! One of the best football plays i have every seen! They have a couple nice running backs, 33 is nice and runs the ball hard, he had the game winner last week. When you think he is tackled he gains another 5 yards. I think the receivers number is 3, he looked great. Starting to get on page with the qb. He is tall and athletic. Made some very nice catches. On defense they have a very athletic nt number 68 that made some great tackles that you don't see the usual nt make. He demands a double team, and is able to keep the linebackers clean. You don't see alot of 3-4 defenses in high school but with him they can play it. Rice rushes the qb violently and is a tackling machine. He also played a wildcat qb and scored a td, and made some big first down runs.The defense had big problems with screen passes tonight, but they have a great coaching staff and I'm sure they will clean that up. I know number 10 was hurt and they could of used him tonight. He is a player. Sorry I don't know the players names. Cooper is a good team, they have a stud at de, his number is 4 his name might be Alexander. He is tall and gets at it, he was hard to block all night long. He had a huge stop early in the 4th quarter on a 4th down. I feel it might of been the play that won the game. Cooper got the ball on dixies 38 and they drove down and scored. They have two receivers that will go up and get it. They had some very big catches tonight in traffic. The qb 18 has a good arm and is mobile enough to make some throws on the run. They have a very big offense line and you can tell they like to hit and move people. They are going to have a good year. Hats off to Dixie and Cooper, they played to the last play and it was a fun game to watch!!!

• Like 4

7 hours ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

White 215 yards rushing 3 tds and 69 receiving 1 td.

O'Hara 195 yards passing 1 td.

Cooper running back can't believe I forgot to put him in my breakdown. Number 2 was a beast all night. He can read his blocks very well and when he gets to the second level he turns it on. Very shifty and finds daylight. Cooper has a gem! 

1 hour ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Looking at Dixies schedule, they are looking at losing season unless improve greatly. Can't beat Lloyd in a squeaker and lose to Cooper and be a threat in 6A. 

I'm not sure they were going to be a threat anyway. Got a few veteran players but still young. They are still down a linebacker and the injury bug hurt Dixie this past week. Hurt them in this game for sure. Looking ahead I think they beat Conner, then they have a gauntlet to navigate through before their next winnable games (Campbell and Scott). Possibly they surprise Ryle but they aint beating BW, HHS, or SK this season. Love the fight in this team, just a year or so away from a legit "threat".

• Like 2