Baker to Carolina

Experts predicting arbitrator will suspend Watson 8 games. He might be able to reduce it to 6 with certain conditions met.

Good for Baker getting an opportunity. I strongly disagreed with people who were saying he should play in Cleveland this year. That never would have worked.

Prediction -  Baker will not beat out Sam Darnold for the starting job. Carolina then trades Baker to somebody else when a quarterback gets injured and gets more out of him than what they gave Cleveland. Cleveland then looks even more incompetent.

The biggest disservice ever done to Baker Mayfield was the Browns drafting him #1. 

He was never a #1 pick caliber QB. Good for him for getting his money, but the expectations and hype for him have been overblown since Day 1. 

• 3 weeks later...

I’m not as down on Baker as others. People forget he joined a team that won 1 game in two years before he got there. He gets there and does great his rookie year and even sets a record at the time for rookie QB touchdowns. That was when they still were having the offense built more to his skill set and in the spread. Second year with Kitchens as the head coach was obviously a mess. 

Then his third year and third OC and HC in three years he gets Stefanski. Who has him under center more often and is more run first. Which doesn’t necessarily fit the skill set of an offense Baker needs. Yet even then he helped them make the playoffs and win a game. Then last year playing hurt all year. 

I think Baker is better than some give him credit for. With that said he just went to a team that also has a head coach that wants to be run first, and why they Joe Brady as OC last year because the head coach wanted to run it more.