Simon Kenton Varsity Team Summer Camp 2022

1 hour ago, 4 Quarters said:

I won't go that far out on the limb, but they'll be decent.

Much better than decent in two years. I may have exaggerated with top in the state but definitely region contenders. Two incoming freshman who have received D1 offers. And a really solid class of freshman who were runners up in the freshman championship. Pair them with the two incoming freshman who both started varsity as 8 graders and it’s a really good team. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Double Deuce said:

Did Javy play?  How was big Sam moving?

Javier and Sam both played. HC had a new face or two that will contribute. 

Sam was moving better and showed increased athleticism!  

West Clermont transfer will start, his impact will be dictated by how much Jake gets everyone involved! Nice size for a guard! 

I expect HC to be very similar to last year! 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Nkybballfan23 said:

Much better than decent in two years. I may have exaggerated with top in the state but definitely region contenders. Two incoming freshman who have received D1 offers. And a really solid class of freshman who were runners up in the freshman championship. Pair them with the two incoming freshman who both started varsity as 8 graders and it’s a really good team. 

I think this group is still a year maybe two away from being a regional contender! The to be Freshmen are very talented yes but there is still a lot of work to be done if the goal is to compete for a regional championship. I do however believe if they are still together as JRs and their games continue to grow they will have a real chance to represent 9th in state.

5 hours ago, UCME said:

I think this group is still a year maybe two away from being a regional contender! The to be Freshmen are very talented yes but there is still a lot of work to be done if the goal is to compete for a regional championship. I do however believe if they are still together as JRs and their games continue to grow they will have a real chance to represent 9th in state.

I was saying In two years they are regional contenders. Not now, they have a chance to be decent this year but have no true shot in the region. 

• 1 month later...
On 7/17/2022 at 11:48 PM, Irish88 said:

Is it still called the Joe Stark court? I couldn’t see if the new floor stated that. 

Joe Stark Gymnasium.  They have it on the entrance to the building and there is a plaque in the lobby. 

• Like 1