Brossart vs Campbell Part II (MCIT)

What does everyone think about this second go around with these 2 teams in a little over 3 weeks. Brossart playing some very good basketball right now with a strong showing in the 5/3 and a blowout over 12-1 Montgomery County. They now stand at 11-1 and are tops in the NKY polls.

Camels counter with a solid showing in the Williamstown Inv. and a win over St. Pats tonight. I believe they stand at 9-4 currently.

Brossart won the last meeting in a big way at the Campbell Co. Middle school. Both teams look to advance to the finals Saturday night.

Closer than the experts think, Whoever they may be.:sssh:

Have to agree Panther. Always a battle where you can often throw out the records and past performances. Campbell has quietly moved to 9-4, winning 5 of their last 6, and 7 of 10 since the last Brossart game!! Campbell offense surprizingly seems to be off a little the last few games, and the Brossart defense isn't normally the place to look for solutions to your offensive woes?? Mustangs better come to play however, and can expect a revenge minded Camel squad tonight in the Fieldhouse!! Should be fun!!

Have to agree Panther. Always a battle where you can often throw out the records and past performances. Campbell has quietly moved to 9-4, winning 5 of their last 6, and 7 of 10 since the last Brossart game!! Campbell offense surprizingly seems to be off a little the last few games, and the Brossart defense isn't normally the place to look for solutions to your offensive woes?? Mustangs better come to play however, and can expect a revenge minded Camel squad tonight in the Fieldhouse!! Should be fun!!

You are being to kind.:D Their five of the last six wins are kind of deceptive. Every team they won against had a losing record. Their only loss was against a team with a winning record. CC has played no one that IMO would better them enough for BB. On the other hand BB with their 11-1 record has played quality teams with their only loss to a very good Lexington Catholic team. I do not think that CC is ready for BB.

Harrison County Henry 52 - 51 (W) 6-8 record

Owsley County 66 - 52 (W) 5-9 record

Dayton 48 - 32 (W) 1-10 record

Sayre Williamstown 41 - 51 (L) 9-3 record

Beechwood Williamstown 51 - 40 (W) 5-6 record

Patrick Mason County 53 - 45 (W) 5-7 record

You are being to kind.:D Their five of the last six wins are kind of deceptive. Every team they won against had a losing record. Their only loss was against a team with a winning record. CC has played no one that IMO would better them enough for BB. On the other hand BB with their 11-1 record has played quality teams with their only loss to a very good Lexington Catholic team. I do not think that CC is ready for BB.

With that said. Brossart WILL win this game BUT I don't think it will be by 20+.

Why? Because the Stangs have knocked off the Camels by that margain already this season. Everyone is looking to a MC/BB matchup on Saturday night. Playing a rival team with a big game coming up after that isn't always a good thing.

How teams schedule is probably a topic for an entire other thread, but I understand your point. Campbell's schedule hasn't been that ambitious for a 4-A school to date, but if you look, it gets much tougher in the 2nd half. That said, wins are wins and the kids can only play who's on the court each night! I'm sure BBHS expects a heckova game tonight, so we'll see what happens??

How teams schedule is probably a topic for an entire other thread, but I understand your point. Campbell's schedule hasn't been that ambitious for a 4-A school to date, but if you look, it gets much tougher in the 2nd half. That said, wins are wins and the kids can only play who's on the court each night! I'm sure BBHS expects a heckova game tonight, so we'll see what happens??

This being a rival game I am sure the BB coaches and players will not over look them. I just think at this point in the season that the BB schedule will have them better prepared. CC will have to bring their A+++ game to get this victory. I don't ever give point spreads, but IMO this game is a double digit win for the Mustangs. After all I have went out on a limb and picked them to win it all.:D