Mike Archer Interviews

Austydak

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think the clemson game was as much poor play calling by clemson than it was UK dominating on defense. I don't have the stats, but I would bet Clemson had a great yards/carry on the ground. Clemson would run the ball down the field get inside the 15 and try to throw it.

I am a huge UK fan and hope that things get straightened out. I will say, just because Archer hasn't done well at UK, he has the name and the resume to get picked up. Football coaches are often retreds. That is just how it works.

You can't have a consistently good defense with so many young players. Experience is necessary. This group progressed throughout the year and will continue to do so, with or without Archer. When Archer was here before, he had juniors and seniors on the d, and they were very effective. He is a very good coach (just ask the Pittsburg Steelers), and if allowed to develop, the defense will be very effective. Also, the recruits that they are getting are pretty good. If they have good recruits, that develop into experienced players, only bad coaches will not be sucessful, i.e. Mike Major.

I'll have to agree with that also. I have learnd my lesson. I gave Brooks down the road and am still cleaning Crow from the plate:lol:

If he does leave I guess that we will see how much he is missed or if his departure is a positive for the Cats D. Time will tell.

I will have to agree on your comment on Brooks cville. I too was very critical of him al season. About Archer though, to me anyway it is like another poster stated - it is a 12 game season, not 2. That is jmo and I realize the defense was young. My problem was that for most of the season it seemed like they were playing a "contain" style and not pursuing the football, it was for the most part "the matador defense" - stay back and wave at them as they run by. If Archer does stay I hope that the posters on this thread that are defending him are right:thumb: . I have eaten plenty of crow before and would love another plate in this case. As a matter of fact I have quite a few good recipies for the little bird since I have had to eat so much of it.:D

Chuck coaches the linbackers at present, and other than WW did any of them impact any of the games on a consistent level? I don't think so. I would have to draw my conclusions from that. I know what a great high school coach he was, but thinks he needs a couple more years experience on the college level before he's ready.