Mike Archer Interviews

Austydak

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It only depends on who we get as a DC now(if he leaves). We could very well end up with someone as bad as or worse than what we had. I would like to think not but you never know. Gotta give him credit though, the last few games the defensive scheme got the job done and in a good way.

How does the guy go from verge of being fired to leaving for a "better" job in 2 games?

Or is this more of a "its easier to find a job while you still have one" situation?

Im not sure I would say NC State would be a 'better' job? I think you nailed it in your second thought, maybe UK is giving him the option of persuing his options, rather than just canning him. :sssh:

Maybe you guys didn't see the bowl game but the defense control the game for the cats. Also Archer's defense this season he played 22 freshmen and sophmores against a physical schedule. IMO he did the best he could with a bunch of slaps.

No.. they did play well against Clemson and against UT, but like I said, did 2 games really change that much?

Maybe you guys didn't see the bowl game but the defense control the game for the cats. Also Archer's defense this season he played 22 freshmen and sophmores against a physical schedule. IMO he did the best he could with a bunch of slaps.

Yea I agree with you! I admit though the defense this year about got the best of me!:D

Yea I agree with you! I admit though the defense this year about got the best of me!:D

I'll have to agree with that also. I have learnd my lesson. I gave Brooks down the road and am still cleaning Crow from the plate:lol:

If he does leave I guess that we will see how much he is missed or if his departure is a positive for the Cats D. Time will tell.

I have been a big Archer Critic but those games against Tenn and clemson were at the end of the season so maybe things are starting to gel for the Defense.

I hope so. I could care less who's coaching (Brooks/Archer/Joker/Tubby/Rigot) as long as UK is winning. If Archer has turned a corner with these guys, I'm all for keeping him. With 8 (?!!) wins UK isn't in a position where they need a scapegoat. If Brooks feels Archer is doing the job then bring it on!

Anyone have a link to updated team defense ratings including the bowl games?