Calvin Ridley Suspended for 2022 Season

10 hours ago, The Raven said:

Paul Hornung and Alex Karras got nailed for the same thing in the 1960's.

They sat on their couch and bet a few parlays through a company that basically sponsors the NFL?

Just kidding, I know what you mean.  I have mixed feelings about this.

• Like 1

I look at this as a "Hey, players. You gamble on the NFL, this is what can happen to you." Ridley is a known name for his time at Alabama, but wasn't exactly lighting it up in the NFL, so it was an easy target and message sent.

I love the Twitter defenders. "The NFL partners with gambling companies so this is hypocritical." No, it really isn't. You can gamble on anything, but you can't gamble on your own sport. This is no different than us rightly condemning folks in high ranking positions that participate in insider trading. Players can know in advance if teammates are other teams' players are injured, game plans, etc.

38 minutes ago, bugatti said:

I look at this as a "Hey, players. You gamble on the NFL, this is what can happen to you." Ridley is a known name for his time at Alabama, but wasn't exactly lighting it up in the NFL, so it was an easy target and message sent.

He was great in 2020 with close to 1400 yards and 9 TDs.  I was a little worried about him this year without Julio on the other side.  If you played fantasy football at all, you know who Calvin Ridley was.

I do think this is about the NFL sending a message, while at the same time, it raises eyebrows to me coming off of Flores allegations about being paid to lose.  That's why I have some mixed feelings on it all.

39 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

He was great in 2020 with close to 1400 yards and 9 TDs.  I was a little worried about him this year without Julio on the other side.  If you played fantasy football at all, you know who Calvin Ridley was.

I do think this is about the NFL sending a message, while at the same time, it raises eyebrows to me coming off of Flores allegations about being paid to lose.  That's why I have some mixed feelings on it all.

Didn't realize his numbers were there, but I have come to dismiss Falcons' numbers because they normally come while down 28-7 in the fourth quarter and fantasy nerd guy tries to convince you how guys like Kirk Cousins are elite NFL talents. 🙂

And if the allegations are proven true, like Ridley's, then the Dolphins should be punished. Nothing to have mixed feelings on (for me) as I don't see them as parallel situations.