Covington Holy Cross 80 Conner 74 (9th Region Quarterfinals)

Was Landon Hamilton able to play.  I heard he was hurt.  If he didn’t, please don’t construe this as a shot at HC for winning. I am curious as I saw him at Ryle in the District 33 and he was great.  

Congrats to HC.

5 minutes ago, feelingit said:

Was Landon Hamilton able to play.  I heard he was hurt.  If he didn’t, please don’t construe this as a shot at HC for winning. I am curious as I saw him at Ryle in the District 33 and he was great.  

Congrats to HC.

Yes, he did and Holy Cross full court face guarded him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, feelingit said:

Congrats to HC.

Played 28 minutes and was 2/10 for 5 points per stats from The Statman. Full game stats to follow.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, se7ens said:

Credit to Conner who had this game tied late after being down big most of the game.

That was a great comeback by Connor. I was really getting worried for my Indians.   

Courtesy of the Statman 

Holy Cross 26 14 21 19 - 80

Conner 10 18 23 23 - 74

HC (21-9) - Meyer 41, Ward 27, Z. Arlinghaus 4, Hoffman 3, Gibson 3, Lehmkuhl 2.

Conner (20-10) - Lohr 18, Castrucci 18, Kramer 15, Campbell 14, Hamilton 5, Cook 4.

FTs - HC 15/21, Conner 12/16

3s - HC 11/23, Conner 6/18

Rebs - HC 35, Conner 27

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Baseball Nut 24 said:

Courtesy of the Statman 

Holy Cross 26 14 21 19 - 80

Conner 10 18 23 23 - 74

HC (21-9) - Meyer 41, Ward 27, Z. Arlinghaus 4, Hoffman 3, Gibson 3, Lehmkuhl 2.

Conner (20-10) - Lohr 18, Castrucci 18, Kramer 15, Campbell 14, Hamilton 5, Cook 4.

FTs - HC 15/21, Conner 12/16

3s - HC 11/23, Conner 6/18

Rebs - HC 35, Conner 27

Shutting down Hamilton was huge.

7 hours ago, Baseball Nut 24 said:

Conner played great in 2nd half. Give Holy Cross credit too. They built a big lead. Saw it fade away then took back over last 2-3 minutes. Ended on a 13-7 run after it was tied 67-67.

Holy Cross did 2 huge two things and I will give them all the credit in the world for it. First, they had two scorers tonight who scored frequently, easily, and early in possessions which allowed them to control tempo and stymie their opponents’ momentum for the majority of the game. Second, they made Conner work for every point. Nothing came easily for the Cougars and that started with Hamilton being contained.