Blockbuster Bengals Trade for the Offseason

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only reason Chad is expendable is because of Chris Henry. I have been saying it for a while. Henry is a Moss in the making if he gets it together.

I agree. Chris Henry has the potential to be great if he gets his act together off the field.

I would love to see the Bengals make a deal for a big time defensive end to play opposite Justin Smith. Many of the top teams in the NFL have a "game changing" D End/OLB such as a Merriman, Ware, Suggs, J Taylor, Freeney, Peppers, or J Porter.

I agree. Chris Henry has the potential to be great if he gets his act together off the field.

I would love to see the Bengals make a deal for a big time defensive end to play opposite Justin Smith. Many of the top teams in the NFL have a "game changing" D End/OLB such as a Merriman, Ware, Suggs, J Taylor, Freeney, Peppers, or J Porter.

Smith will be gone IMO...

Smith will be gone IMO...

Which really hurts us. I don't believe Smith is a top tier end but that will leave us vacant on one side and with Geathers on the other.... Bengals badly need a pass rushing DE. Might need another LB depending on Odell. I am not sold on our defensive front at all.

Let's move the most consistent performers. Good plan...

Average lifespan of NFL Running back is 3 years (I'm sure you know that). If we can find someone desperate enough for an RB, we can get someone younger and fresher than Rudi.

As for TJ, I'm sure plenty of teams believe that he could be a #1 receiver (which I don't). While Henry is a different type of receiver and may resent a switch to TJ's role of hitches, cross patterns, and basically a "posession" receiver, I believe TJ is replacable.

Average lifespan of NFL Running back is 3 years (I'm sure you know that). If we can find someone desperate enough for an RB, we can get someone younger and fresher than Rudi.

As for TJ, I'm sure plenty of teams believe that he could be a #1 receiver (which I don't). While Henry is a different type of receiver and may resent a switch to TJ's role of hitches, cross patterns, and basically a "posession" receiver, I believe TJ is replacable.

3 years...... I would say at lest 5 bud, 5 solid years, then they bottom out.

Only reason Chad is expendable is because of Chris Henry. I have been saying it for a while. Henry is a Moss in the making if he gets it together.

He was pretty good before we got Henry, too. I think a better comparison is that Chad opens up TJ. And yes, Henry has a load of talent which will garner someone worthy of losing him. I'm not saying cut Henry, get him off the team, but if it comes up to trading him to acquire a game changing defender, I'm in.

He was pretty good before we got Henry, too. I think a better comparison is that Chad opens up TJ. And yes, Henry has a load of talent which will garner someone worthy of losing him. I'm not saying cut Henry, get him off the team, but if it comes up to trading him to acquire a game changing defender, I'm in.

I agree we have to upgrade our D. I just think Henry has to much upside. He is a big reason Chad's stats were down for a while. Carson appears to love Henry, if only he would grow up, off and on the field. And of course TJ, forgive me please, you never get the credit you deserve.

I'll tell you right now I haven't had the chance to see the post game comments that he made yesterday, but in about 95% of the things that I can see being offered I wouldn't make a deal for CJ....

that said... I would also have to think really hard about taking DeAngelo Hall for Chad Johnson... IMO there are about 3 or 4 shut down corners in the game and Hall is one... another was traded for Clinton Portis a couple years back...

the problem is I can't see trading Chad until I am confident that Chris Henry is going to be there... that includes legal reasons and on field reasons... When Chad drops a pass I get angry, when Henry drops one, it is like I think, "oh well, thats Henry." If I am on the Bengals sideline during a crucial situation and yell "WHO CAN MAKE A PLAY?" I know that Chad and TJ are going to yell right back at me "I CAN!"... I'm not so sure about Henry yet... JMO....

Carson will not get traded, and Rudi won't get traded unless we find another RB...