Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 78 Vanderbilt 66

Featured Replies

3 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

They mentioned that in the radio broadcast last night - Cal is forcing minutes to some of the bigs to get them experience and prepare for games to come where UK will need them.

And they need it. UK is a totally different team with Oscar in some foul trouble.

20 minutes ago, bugatti said:

You have to wonder if this Wheeler injury was a blessing in disguise. I think the team knew they could be good without him on the court, but the past couple games gave Washington the confidence he needed to fill that backup void.

I just hope we keep running pick and rolls with TyTy and Tshiebwe when Wheeler returns.  Looks smooth.

2 hours ago, gchs_uk9 said:

I like Hopkins but I'd like to see him run with four starters at some point during the game. Maybe a lineup of Wheeler, Washington, Grady, and Oscar (or Washington, Grady, Mintz, and Oscar if Wheeler is still out). It feels like some of these second string guys never get quality minutes with the first string and subsequently look bad.

He has played with the starters too at times, however he has been with the starters when playing the 3. Which is issue IMO. I think he is going to be a very good player possibly next year, but this year when playing the 3 he literally hurts this offense. The lineups you suggested would have him at the 4, which for this year would be better for him and the team IMO. 

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

They mentioned that in the radio broadcast last night - Cal is forcing minutes to some of the bigs to get them experience and prepare for games to come where UK will need them.

Which I understand to an extent.  I just don’t think we need 4 big guys on the court at once.  And definitely not 4, with Mintz running the point which actually happened last night.  I get trying to get Collins and Hopkins some minutes though, in the event Tshiebwe or Brooks/Toppin get into foul trouble. Just don’t screw up the flow of the game trying to get guys minutes is all that I ask. 

Brooks just leaves me frustrated because It feels like he should be so much more than what he is. At times he has the passion and fire, other times you would not even know he is on the roster.

Ky looking like they are maturing as the season progresses and that is great to see. TyTy is getting better each game and you can see his confidence level increasing with time and looked to me like he had a personal challenge with Pippen Jr last evening. With the return of Wheeler, I’m hoping the offense doesn’t have to readjust because it looks really smooth right now. I like this team with the transfers much better than past years.

I do think this team has a cap to its ability, which is concerning when we are talking title aspirations. They don't have "that dude" despite Oscar being an All-American candidate. That said, I like the non-ego makeup of the team and look forward to watching them grow. I equally look forward to everyone that blames Calipari for every mishap, blown assignment, missed FT, loss, etc. to equally sing his praises when something goes right because you can't have it both ways.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.