Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

LSU 65 Kentucky 60

Featured Replies

32 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Free throws hurt them last night.  Even despite the injuries, they shoot those a bit better, they probably win.

Lance Ware at the free throw line....woof.

It was painful to watch. I will go to my grave baffled coaches don't make these bricklayers shoot underhanded. It would drastically increase their odds from the line going Rick Barry style. But ego will not allow it, which is silly.

  • Replies 32
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • GOREDDEVILS
    GOREDDEVILS

    Kentucky Played a good game without Oscar most of the 1st half and TyTy down with cramps and Sahvir out. I think Kentucky is the better team when the whole team is available.

  • sportsfan41
    sportsfan41

    Allen got minutes and didn't really do anything with the minutes he got.  

  • Voice of Reason
    Voice of Reason

    So close to pulling off a great come from behind win in the last two minutes. If Oscar doesn't throw that ball away with 20 seconds to go after getting the steal, the Cats would have had the ball down

1 hour ago, LongTimeReader said:

Tough loss, but a very gutsy performance by UK. Playing without their starting PG and then their backup PG is out for roughly half of the second half of the game, they found a way to keep it close with a chance to win. This game comes down more to what UK didn't do. They were up by 9 then go 11 minutes with only scoring 2 points, that can't happen on the road and expect to win. Grady was hot to open the second half but then kind of disappeared the last 10 minutes, which is probably directly connected to Mintz running point instead of Wheeler or Washington. Losing to a top 25 team isn't a bad loss, especially in early January but man I hate that it was a loss to Will Wade, what a dork! I mean who zips their 1/4 pullover all the way up? That's what annoys me about the loss, it's that it was to a Will Wade coached team. 

UK will be ok, they fought and had an opportunity to win at the end. Onto Georgia. 

With you on Wade. He annoys the heck out of me for some reason. Maybe it is the zipper thing ?

14 minutes ago, bugatti said:

It was painful to watch. I will go to my grave baffled coaches don't make these bricklayers shoot underhanded. It would drastically increase their odds from the line going Rick Barry style. But ego will not allow it, which is silly.

My dad always says the same thing.

17 minutes ago, bugatti said:

 

Well, he was trying to call timeout so it is kind of a moot point. But that said, LSU was in the midst of an all time collapse, sans any timeout calls, and UK had the ball. I would not have allowed them to regain their composure in that situation.

Plus allow a team that I believe presses pretty well to set their press when you're missing your primary and backup PG.

I said it after the Duke game I believe when he wasn’t in. However, Mintz has to be on the court at the end of games IMO. He was a very clutch player for us last year at the end of games, and he was again yesterday and almost helped lead a dramatic comeback. I know Cal has never done it, but I think using even a four guard lineup at times or even at the end of games could be good. Mintz needs to be in, however it’s also hard to take Wheeler, Washington, or Grady out. I know Cal has never went with a four guard lineup basically at any point in games ever. However, I think that could be a very dangerous lineup for teams to defend especially at the end of games. 

Kentucky wins this game by 10+ if Wheeler hadn’t been injured and TyTy missed extended time with an injury (I assume that’s what it was) in the second half. It also didn’t help that the big center missed most of the first half in foul trouble. 
But a healthy pair of guards would have been the difference maker. 

16 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

I said it after the Duke game I believe when he wasn’t in. However, Mintz has to be on the court at the end of games IMO. He was a very clutch player for us last year at the end of games, and he was again yesterday and almost helped lead a dramatic comeback. I know Cal has never done it, but I think using even a four guard lineup at times or even at the end of games could be good. Mintz needs to be in, however it’s also hard to take Wheeler, Washington, or Grady out. I know Cal has never went with a four guard lineup basically at any point in games ever. However, I think that could be a very dangerous lineup for teams to defend especially at the end of games. 

Especially with a guy like Oscar being the 5th and eating up all of the possible rebounds around him, I concur.

3 hours ago, futurecoach said:

While I agree it would be nice to see him take a timeout sometimes to settle them down. Let’s not act like his strategy of not calling a timeout hasn’t won us many big games. Did you have a problem with him not calling a timeout when they in 2011 beat number one overall seed OSU on a game winning shot by Knight? What about in 2014 when Harrison hit game winning shots against Louisville, and Wisconsin without taking a timeout. What about in 2019 when Herro hit a game winning shot without taking a timeout. His strategy of not taking a timeout has won games when they have mattered most in the tournament. Both strategies have been shown to work and to fail at times. Shoot Pitino in 92 out of a timeout made a horrible decision not to guard the inbounder. Both strategies have been shown to work and fail. 

You mentioned only three instances that not using a timeout has worked, there are probably 20 times over the years that not using a timeout has failed, I like to think that those percentages would lean in the direction of using a timeout.

1 hour ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

He was asked about this after the game and he said he was screaming for a timeout but the officials didn't hear/look over at him to grant it.

Hopefully that doesn't hurt your narrative.

Officials always are looking for coaches to use a timeout in those situations so that is a lame excuse.

1 minute ago, nikeman49 said:

Officials always are looking for coaches to use a timeout in those situations so that is a lame excuse.

Okay.  Calipari is blatantly lying then?  Please.

"Always" and "should always" aren't the same thing.

I know this sounds like a broken record from many UK fans, such as me ?, but UK didn’t get the most favorable whistle on Dale Brown Night. Just my opinion but it was also the opinion of most of the gang I watched the game with. 

We all know calling a timeout increases execution odds up to 97% in college basketball. Damn, Cal!

What I don't understand is on one hand we want to say Calipari can't coach, on the other hand we want him to call a timeout so that he can coach his team. Which is it?

For fun I looked back at both timeouts UK called in the game. Both times right out of the timeout: brick, brick.

8 minutes ago, The Professor said:

I know this sounds like a broken record from many UK fans, such as me ?, but UK didn’t get the most favorable whistle on Dale Brown Night. Just my opinion but it was also the opinion of most of the gang I watched the game with. 

Is it every time UK plays LSU, or is it every night Dale Brown night? Seems to be a common occurrence they are celebrating his two final fours appearances.

1 hour ago, nikeman49 said:

You mentioned only three instances that not using a timeout has worked, there are probably 20 times over the years that not using a timeout has failed, I like to think that those percentages would lean in the direction of using a timeout.

I named four right off the top of my head. There probably is even more than that. I mean we get it, you are the type who always prefers the timeout. However like it or not both ways have been shown to work, and both ways have been shown to fail. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.