Ohio State 48 Utah 45 (Rose Bowl)

16thBBall Fan

UCLA offensive line coach/offensive coordinator Justin Frye will be named Ohio State's next OL coach, according to sources.  Frye, 38, has been at UCLA for four years, during Chip Kelly's entire tenure, and has guided the UCLA offensive line to some of its most effective OL play in years.

Day gets his guy, should know soon on Coombs.

5 minutes ago, ChickenWyngz said:

@John Anthonylooks like Coombs departure is official too. I hope he lands in Cincy with Fickell and rides off into the sunset whenever he chooses recruiting the land where it all started. 

Heard he has a college over and NFL offers.  Coombs and Al Washington current LB coach appear to be the next two victims of the OSU coaching purge.

Day is aggressively going after current Jacksonville Jaguar Secondary coach Tim Walton.

51 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

According to multiple reports, Cincinnati cornerbacks coach Perry Eliano has accepted a position with the Buckeyes to help bolster the back end of a defense that ranked 96th in the country against the pass in 2021.

Day doesn’t mess around, sink or swim.

Eliano is a star... Was a big reason for the further development of Sauce and Coby.

Really good recruiter too. A lot of ties in Texas. 

On 1/6/2022 at 12:28 PM, John Anthony said:

Ryan Day has fired OL Coach Greg Studrawa.  I’m thinking maybe 1 more out then we can move forward.

Was O Line a problem?  I thought there were problems with the defense but the offense was pretty solid across the board.

On 1/7/2022 at 12:03 PM, John Anthony said:

UCLA guy Justin Frye.  We will see if he’s willing to come freeze in Ohio.  Kentucky Oline coach is on the list as well.

If OSU was looking at UK's O line coach, you have to think others will too.  Barnhart better start working up some more new contracts.  Price of season tickets may go up soon, lol.

2 hours ago, Bert said:

Was O Line a problem?  I thought there were problems with the defense but the offense was pretty solid across the board.

Oline has been a problem since last year against “good teams.”  I wanted Stud gone last year.  He’s a lackluster recruiter with an underperforming line.

I wonder how players will take this purge of coaches?  Will the players understand their position coach was not achieving at a level expected and accept the firing or feel like the trusted father figure was taken from them.  You fire one or two assistant coaches, generally not much to worry about.  You go after assistant coaches left and right, morale of players may be affected.