Belfry 33 Paducah Tilghman 28 (3A State Championship)

theguru

3 minutes ago, theguru said:

The program says 5'11' 197.  I thought he maybe looked a little more stout than that but it is hard to tell. 

Thanks man. Basically, comparable to Barry Sanders. 

What a performance. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mayfieldsportsfan said:

What does the future look like? I haven't read where he is playing next.

TBD

He was going to West Virginia on a PWO until he decided to return for an extra year. Supposedly Neal Brown was outspoken that the opportunity would be there if he chose to take it again.

It would be criminal for him not to get a chance to keep playing at the next level. He is also a very good receiver although in Belfrys system a lot of passes don’t get thrown.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ATLCat said:

TBD

He was going to West Virginia on a PWO until he decided to return for an extra year. Supposedly Neal Brown was outspoken that the opportunity would be there if he chose to take it again.

It would be criminal for him not to get a chance to keep playing at the next level. He is also a very good receiver although in Belfrys system a lot of passes don’t get thrown.

He was a Sophomore the last time I seen him.  I'm sure he's grown a lot since.  Isn't Dixion built like UK's Bowden and Robinson?  They are proven that small backs can also play big time football.  

Wow.. What a game. Here’s my observations on the game.

didn't realize #3 for belfry was that good. He single hardly won the game and might had the best single game history n 3A finial history. Paducah played well on offense ran and pass the ball effectively just didn’t have the ball much. Belfry had all kinds of trouble covering # 5 and #10. Paducah could have ran the hitch and stop routes all day on the outside. Think one of Belfry TD drives had to over 20 plays and took over 9 mins off the clock. When Belfry got into the bone toss was coming everyone knew it but still couldn’t stop it. Didn’t see any holding calls the entire game against Belfry for a running team this season is highly unusual. Saw more holding calls this season than ever before. Last thing Paducah’s  RB will be a problem the next 3 years. Tuff nut he is. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

All the "what-if's" keep going through my head. I guess that's what you do when you lose a one possession game. 

Great game to be at and both these teams had years they'll always remember. 

Congratulations Belfry, maybe we can run this one back again sometime soon. Wonderful football game. 

• Like 3