Johnson Central 34 Corbin 13

DevilMayCare

Congratulations to Johnson Central! I’ll be honest about this statement. I know a bunch will say well Corbin is or was overrated and didn’t have the defense. The defense is the part I knew before the game would be the big question whether Greer would make adjustments to counter but as we all know, you can’t tweak the night before. Offense play calling was a nightmare. I honestly think now that’s it’s all over that having a coach and offensive coordinator like a Haddix and his play calling abilities are on another level. One reason he is so good was he was a QB for a long time and a good one. My boy is the starting center, he’s a good one. We talked about it last night. We both were shocked. Not at how good Johnson Central was, we expect that and knew what we saw 1 year ago. But something wasn’t right with Corbin especially on offense last night. Seth Mills didn’t play last night on offense. ????? I seen tension among the offense coach and defense coaches. ????? I know it will all come out on the wash but man was it obvious on the Corbin sidelines . Not to mention, playing a well oiled machine like a Johnson Central. I’m not saying we would have won but with a proper game plan we may have competed. I’m proud of my son and he has had a very good career. Anyone that wants to watch any game and watch him, he does his job. So I am one proud dad today. He did what I asked him to do. Do your job! 

• Like 15

On 11/20/2021 at 9:47 AM, Cheese said:

Congratulations to Johnson Central! I’ll be honest about this statement. I know a bunch will say well Corbin is or was overrated and didn’t have the defense. The defense is the part I knew before the game would be the big question whether Greer would make adjustments to counter but as we all know, you can’t tweak the night before. Offense play calling was a nightmare. I honestly think now that’s it’s all over that having a coach and offensive coordinator like a Haddix and his play calling abilities are on another level. One reason he is so good was he was a QB for a long time and a good one. My boy is the starting center, he’s a good one. We talked about it last night. We both were shocked. Not at how good Johnson Central was, we expect that and knew what we saw 1 year ago. But something wasn’t right with Corbin especially on offense last night. Seth Mills didn’t play last night on offense. ????? I seen tension among the offense coach and defense coaches. ????? I know it will all come out on the wash but man was it obvious on the Corbin sidelines . Not to mention, playing a well oiled machine like a Johnson Central. I’m not saying we would have won but with a proper game plan we may have competed. I’m proud of my son and he has had a very good career. Anyone that wants to watch any game and watch him, he does his job. So I am one proud dad today. He did what I asked him to do. Do your job! 

Congrats to your son on a great season!  It is hard to go 12-0, then have to run into the likes of a JC.  I have no idea what really happened at Corbin with Haddix.  I just know the rumor mill said that he had some assistant coaches that didn't agree with the way things were going. Seems like that is true again with the new coach.  They definitely have talent, and could be a state contender for years to come.  Hope they can get the coaching situation straightened out.  

• Like 1