Pikeville vs. Raceland Predictions/Updates

Bac2369

Who wins this matchup?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this matchup?

• Pikeville
    • Raceland

This poll is closed to new votes

Wow! The matchup we’ve all been waiting for. But wait though, It’s happening a week before the Championship. Pikeville took care of business and beating Williamsburg 50-21. Raceland  took care of businesses well and give Bishop Brossart its first loss of the season in a 48-7 beat down.

Pikevilles path to get here are wins over Phelps, Hazard, and Williamsburg. 
Racelands path to get to the matchup is Fairview, Paintsville, and Bishop Brossart.

Pikeville will come in averaging close to 30 points per game, and giving up close to 9 points per game.

Raceland will come in averaging close to 39 points per game, and giving up close to 12 points per game.

Who wins this 1A powerhouse matchup of teams who finished 1 and 2 in the BluegrassPreps 1A Top 10 poll? Does Pikeville keep its winning streak over Raceland at home? Does Raceland come get its first ever win at Pikeville?

• Thanks 1

Pikeville has been able to get away with Birchfield left, Birchfield right, for weeks now. I think Raceland is good enough defensively to force them out of that shell. If they can compete with Pikeville on that side of the ball and avoid any catastrophic turnovers themselves, I think they can push this game deep into the second half.

But if McNamee opens up the offense to incorporate all of Pikeville's weapons - and they play a clean game - they're probably on another level. 

Heading east for this one on Friday night. I've seen Pikeville this season but not Raceland. I suspect Pikeville is about two touchdowns better, but Raceland has a solid club. I saw their semifinal meeting a few years back, as well, when Raceland hit the field goal to advance to the state finals. Here's hoping for a similar game this time around.

• Thanks 1