• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Congratulations to Mayfield, no question they are the better team and played a very good game. I feel like the Dragons could have played better and made this a much more competitive game score wise, b

I’m sure Rash will sleep just fine, knowing he’s molding young men into good citizens, teaching at a great school, and gets to enjoy thanksgiving with his family on Thursday. Keep it about the game an

Congrats Mayfield! Although not familiar territory for you guys, there aren't many who gave y'all a chance to win 2A. Let's just say, upsets do happen. It will be tough, but bring it on home for

Congratulations to Mayfield, no question they are the better team and played a very good game. I feel like the Dragons could have played better and made this a much more competitive game score wise, but Mayfield is a no question 2-3 touchdowns better than the Dragons. The Dragons seemed to be shell shocked by the team speed of Mayfield and just didn't start well and a good team like Mayfield hit them in the mouth and never looked back.

Mayfield is very good on offense, but gave up a bunch of yards on the ground to the Dragons, and unfortunately the Dragons couldn't score from inside of the Redzone when they got there. This game very well should have been 28-18 at the half, but the dragons didn't capitalize inside of the Redzone and Mayfield did what good teams do and held the dragons out of the Endzone. The Dragons again had some very good drives in the second half to either stall out with penalties or turnovers, and Mayfield tacked on two more touchdowns for the final score. I think Mayfield will move the ball on Beechwood, but I don't think the Mayfield defense will be able to even come close to stopping Beechwood enough to win that game. I hope for a great game between those two. 

I'm so proud of the Dragons and the year they have had, and can't wait to watch them next year. They return the house again, and should be very very good. Thank you to the seniors for an amazing turnaround this year and the great foundation you built for the next few years of Dragon football. Also, Blake Houchens is as good any back I've seen this year, and he should start to get some looks from big time schools around our area, he had a huge night for the Dragons and gave Mayfield fits the entire night. He returns next year and should be ever better. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Mayfield clearly left no doubt and it played out as most expected, except Voice of Reason who must have been looking on the wrong line or somthing when he made his puzzling prediction 😉.  Hats off to Green Co, a team that won 1 game last year, great turnaround and great season where nothing was left on the field, the Dragons never stopped fighting despite being down from the get go.  Hold your head high and in a day or so the pain will give way to realizing what a great season you all had.  

Congrats Mayfield! Although not familiar territory for you guys, there aren't many who gave y'all a chance to win 2A. Let's just say, upsets do happen.

It will be tough, but bring it on home for Team West Kentucky. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, Toothpick said:

Mayfield clearly left no doubt and it played out as most expected, except Voice of Reason who must have been looking on the wrong line or somthing when he made his puzzling prediction 😉.  Hats off to Green Co, a team that won 1 game last year, great turnaround and great season where nothing was left on the field, the Dragons never stopped fighting despite being down from the get go.  Hold your head high and in a day or so the pain will give way to realizing what a great season you all had.  

Puzzling prediction? You mean this one:

I was thinking 14 point favorite with one big caveat. If Green County can't have some success running against the Mayfield defense, this could get ugly for Green County. 

Looks pretty on target to me, assuming Green County had trouble running the ball.

7 minutes ago, Toothpick said:

Just now, Voice of Reason said:

I was thinking 14 point favorite with one big caveat. If Green County can't have some success running against the Mayfield defense, this could get ugly for Green County. 

Looks pretty on target to me, assuming Green County has trouble running the ball.

The Office GIF - Gun GIFs

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Looks pretty on target to me, assuming Green County had trouble running the ball.

They did and they didn't.

• Like 1

I enjoyed the game, I think the fans from Green are a class act I enjoyed the little middle schoolers from Green that entertained me the whole night.

The Dragons are a good team and boy oh boy they are big, those kids can hide some groceries.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Green County actually had a very nice night running the ball, The dragons would get to the 30 and 20 yard line and have drives stall or get penalties that took them out of the running game and killed drives. I'd say the dragons finish with upwards of 200 yards rushing if not more than 250. 

I also think someone had mentioned in the prediction thread about the Dragons being shell shocked and hoped it didn't happen, but I fully think that happened. Mayfield was up two scores before the Dragons even knew the game had started. The rest of the first half outside of the first 4 mins of the first quarter was very competitive and fun to watch. Neither team is afraid to hit, that's for sure. I really like how Mayfield gets after you too, those guys mean business and are coming down hill and don't shy away from contact.  

42 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

48-6, seems light years from 14, and you won't win any comparisions to Jimmy The Greek.  Your evaluation and understanding of Mayfield seems misguided.  I wonder if Rash can sleep a wink this week or will the nightmares get to him.