Xavier 71 Ohio State 65

1 minute ago, Voice of Reason said:

Is Xavier going to finally put together the season everyone has been looking for in the Travis Steele era?

I am by no means a basketball expert but after watching the game tonight I will say this X team is much better than last year and Freemantle is injured.  If they play like they did tonight and Freemantle gets healthy (should be back next month) I would say this X team should be a top 20 team.

• Like 1

Big East could be interesting this year.   If X has their breakthrough year under Steele, they may have to content with a resurgent UCONN team that is finally back in the top 25.  Nova looks strong again.  Seton Hall will be tough.  And I, for one, hope Georgetown can build off of last seasons BE tourney title, just because March is a little more fun when Georgetown is relevant. 

• Like 1

The Big East will be fun to watch. Xavier really plays hard and that's a credit to Coach Steele and staff. Not many easy wins in that league. There are REAL home court advantages in that conference!

12 hours ago, The Raven said:

Big East could be interesting this year.   If X has their breakthrough year under Steele, they may have to content with a resurgent UCONN team that is finally back in the top 25.  Nova looks strong again.  Seton Hall will be tough.  And I, for one, hope Georgetown can build off of last seasons BE tourney title, just because March is a little more fun when Georgetown is relevant. 

Georgetown is terrible, so I don't believe you'll get that part of your wish.  Nova / UConn / Xavier / Seton Hall / The Johnnies should all be fringe Top 25 teams this year, and sure-fire tourney teams, and then Providence becomes that wild card team that is exceptionally well-coached and play every possession like it is their last.  Love Cooley's teams.

If Xavier doesn't figure out how to shoot at least a "decent" percentage from deep (33-35% minimum) they are going to have to win a lot of rock-fights.  They get GREAT looks and just can't make anything.

Kunk, whom I love, is something like 21 for 85 from three in a year and 3 games at Xavier.  "That is not great, Clark."

• Like 1
10 hours ago, The Double Deuce said:

Georgetown is terrible, so I don't believe you'll get that part of your wish.  Nova / UConn / Xavier / Seton Hall / The Johnnies should all be fringe Top 25 teams this year, and sure-fire tourney teams, and then Providence becomes that wild card team that is exceptionally well-coached and play every possession like it is their last.  Love Cooley's teams.

If Xavier doesn't figure out how to shoot at least a "decent" percentage from deep (33-35% minimum) they are going to have to win a lot of rock-fights.  They get GREAT looks and just can't make anything.

Kunk, whom I love, is something like 21 for 85 from three in a year and 3 games at Xavier.  "That is not great, Clark."

Well, they were terrible last year too.  Maybe they will luck out again.

• Like 1
On 11/19/2021 at 9:43 AM, The Double Deuce said:

Kunkel shot it well yesterday lol.

• Like 2
57 minutes ago, brown4 said:

Kunkel shot it well yesterday lol.

Shot it great....hope that is a trend and not a "bounce" (for you horse racing handicappers).  They need him to shoot it closer to the Belmont level than what he has put on the report card since playing at Xavier.  

Shooting it well vs Norfolk State isn't as exciting as it will be if he does that versus Memphis, or Villanova, or UConn...or, well, you get the picture.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, The Double Deuce said:

Shot it great....hope that is a trend and not a "bounce" (for you horse racing handicappers).  They need him to shoot it closer to the Belmont level than what he has put on the report card since playing at Xavier.  

Shooting it well vs Norfolk State isn't as exciting as it will be if he does that versus Memphis, or Villanova, or UConn...or, well, you get the picture.

I agree on all counts.  Thankfully for Adam the rest of his game (he is glue) is fantastic. 

And on a personal note, his Dad was over the moon with the performance yesterday but like you mentioned we both said it was Norfolk State.

X has a couple of games in New York this week, it should tell us a lot. 

2 hours ago, theguru said:

I agree on all counts.  Thankfully for Adam the rest of his game (he is glue) is fantastic. 

And on a personal note, his Dad was over the moon with the performance yesterday but like you mentioned we both said it was Norfolk State.

X has a couple of games in New York this week, it should tell us a lot. 

Iowa State on Wednesday night shouldn't be too much of a test, but Memphis (or VaTech) in the 2nd game will be all you want.  

1 minute ago, The Double Deuce said:

Iowa State on Wednesday night shouldn't be too much of a test, but Memphis (or VaTech) in the 2nd game will be all you want.  

The Cyclones are 4-0 but I agree the second game should be a test for all parties involved. 

Just now, theguru said:

The Cyclones are 4-0 but I agree the second game should be a test for all parties involved. 

Zero Top 100 wins, and 3 of their opponents aren't in the Top 300...they've been eating applesauce for 2 weeks.  🙂