Jeff Marksberry (Simon Kenton) is retiring from his position as Head Football Coach and AD

23 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Wouldn't be surprising considering the direction of the program last couple of years.

I think if he is out, it’s not because he was forced or even asked to leave. A couple of just average seasons isn’t going to force him out. I would assume it is simply because he is retiring or just wants something new. 

• Like 1

Everyone, you cannot use the word "bet" in the high school forums.

10. No gambling, bookmaking or point spread comments are allowed in any of the high school forums. Figures of speech that use gambling terms may not be used in any of the high school forums. All gambling comments are permitted in the non-high school forums as long as they do not involve any high school sports, students, or student-athletes.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Wouldn't be surprising considering the direction of the program last couple of years.

Program is fine it was a young team this year. Middle school team just won the championship. 7th grade might have one best players coming up.

15 hours ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

From what I hear he retired. Marksberry did a great job at SK.

I agree Coach Marksberry did a pretty good job at SK.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Program is fine it was a young team this year. Middle school team just won the championship. 7th grade might have one best players coming up.

Good, I hope it improves.

Marksberry has done a great job for over two decades. No one forced him out. COVID played a major role in him leaving. Being AD, not only did he have to worry about the football team with COVID but every team SK had.  Sad to see him leave on these terms. 

• Like 1

I’ve heard for numerous years that Jeff was ready to retire. AD and HC is A LOT to handle; especially the last couple of years with Covid and all the hoops involved. If Jeff is in fact stepping away, congratulations on an awesome career! 

• theguru changed the title to Jeff Marksberry (Simon Kenton) is retiring from his position as Head Football Coach and AD