Top 25 Results 11/6

7 hours ago, The Raven said:

Chances UC get hosed again and MSU and Ohio St just flip spots?   Over 80%?

Michigan St probably falls to  9. 

Georgia

Bama

Oregon

Ohio St

Cincy

Michigan

Oklahoma

Notre Dame

Michigan State

I think ND should be ahead of Michigan and Oklahoma 

2 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Oregon in the top 5 is a joke. No team with a loss to a 3-6 opponent should be in the top 5, I don't care who you beat. They probably shouldn't be in the top 10.

Everyone wants to talk about UC's close games but not once have they trailed in the second half or at halftime of any of those games and they have actually been up two scores or more in all three of their "ugly wins."

Oregon will lose to Utah and that will end the talk of them being a legit CFP contender. 

Another example of why a 13 person "committee" shouldn't be ranking teams and it should be left to the AP and coaches, who actually watch the games every week. 

1 hour ago, Walter said:

Another example of why a 13 person "committee" shouldn't be ranking teams and it should be left to the AP and coaches, who actually watch the games every week. 

Coaches don’t watch games, they’re focused on their own team. It’s always been a running joke how they let grad assistants vote on their behalf.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Walter said:

We used those polls for 50 years and they rarely came up with results that weren't controversial. 

AP has been notoriously regionally biased over the years. The coaches don't watch the other games. An SID or grad assistant compiles the poll and has them sign off on it.

One week sample of results isn't conclusive in any way. 

Let's see how it plays out, before condemning the committee. 

5 hours ago, bugatti said:

Coaches don’t watch games, they’re focused on their own team. It’s always been a running joke how they let grad assistants vote on their behalf.

Coaches watch results and pay closer attention than you think. Don't be fooled by the "I live under a rock and only worry about my team" lines. They're very much aware of what is going on around them.

13 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Oregon in the top 5 is a joke. No team with a loss to a 3-6 opponent should be in the top 5, I don't care who you beat. They probably shouldn't be in the top 10.

Wouldn't that then make Ohio State on the way outside looking in?   They lost, at home, to a team that lost to a 3-6 team.

1 hour ago, The Raven said:

Wouldn't that then make Ohio State on the way outside looking in?   They lost, at home, to a team that lost to a 3-6 team.

Ohio State lost to a 7-1 team. They should not be penalized for an opponent having a bad week.