Daviess County 55 McCracken County 31

Brown

• theguru changed the title to Daviess County 55 McCracken County 31

This is likely who the McCracken program will be for a while. The numbers at feeder levels have dropped, the HC has been rumored to be looking for jobs the past 2-3 off seasons according to parents. 

It was not long ago that this program has never lost a district game in their short history. Now they are a distant 4th. 

Needs a restart imo. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Flea Market said:

Anything the Tang fans can expect?

I think the HC will be on the first bus out of town if he can find another school. So that would lead to the 3 coaching search in the schools 8 year history. 

There will need to be some feeder program changes and focus to build the numbers back to a respectable 6A level. 

They have the resources and potential to be a consistent top 10 6A program somewhere in the 5-8 range, most years imo. They were there from 2013-2018 it will take some time but they can get back to that. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Socially Distanced said:

I think the HC will be on the first bus out of town if he can find another school. So that would lead to the 3 coaching search in the schools 8 year history. 

There will need to be some feeder program changes and focus to build the numbers back to a respectable 6A level. 

They have the resources and potential to be a consistent top 10 6A program somewhere in the 5-8 range, most years imo. They were there from 2013-2018 it will take some time but they can get back to that. 

McCracken has athletes in the school too is the unfortunate, they are perennially top 5 in Baseball, and have a really successful basketball program.

McCracken - great resources and facilities.   Their district is filled with parity and it won’t get any easier.  Henderson always has good athletes and linemen.  The 2 Owensboro schools now have very good coaches.  Edge has done a great job at Apollo and will continue to build there.  Brannon and the DC staff are very good as well - love their offensive scheme.  It’s going to be a slug fest each year to get out of that district.

• Like 1

I haven’t been in that area in quite some time, but from my recollection there was a broad range of demographics. I can totally see how money could be talking and influencing who gets playing time. That’s a huge team-killer. I also remember the McCracken Co Board of Education being less than supportive of coaches/teachers who tried to make tough decisions. Cultures can change, but there was a lot of money-ball going around that area 20 years ago.