BluegrassPreps Class 2A Football Rankings 9/27

theguru

19 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Here is a question for everyone.

Should a defending state champion returning basically their entire team who is undefeated against a good schedule be dropped from #1?

Another question.

Why should the team that the undefeated defending state champion beat head to head in the title game move ahead of them?

I see both teams resumes this year. LCA has very good wins. No one knows that Beechwood would not be undefeated against LCA's schedule also.  This is a situation where it is too close in my opinion to drop the undefeated defending state champion from number one. Beechwood is #1 till someone beats them.

IMO, yes. Last season is just a starting point. Then from there the current season is viewed as a separate entity and last season’s results should not come into play any longer. LCA has a better body of work to date than Beechwood. If you took the name Beechwood and LCA away and changed them to team A & B and looked at their wins and losses I don’t know how you can say LCA doesn’t have the better performance so far this season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tigerallamerican said:

How much better is Mayfield than last year? They struggled to split with Murray last year and then LCA beat the breaks off of Murray in state semi's. 

Mayfield is the exact same team as last year with the exception of their All State LB Jax Rogers (Jr) who was injured the entire year.

Now... they are a year older, stronger, and their team speed is better.  Qb seems to have improved but still is not as consistent as a title contender should be. 

He will be tested this week vs Caldwell.  The Tigers have the best D-line group they will see until semis.  If Cartwright continues to develop, they will have a chance in late November!  Murray will challenge their defense.  They are improving every week and nobody has been able to stop their triple option offense all season.  The downside for Murray is their defense.  They have played marginal at best. 

I'll still take the Cardinals by a couple of TDs and they will be their closest contenders.

• Like 2