BYU, UC, UCF, Houston Official to Big 12

Walter

• Walter changed the title to Big 12 Expansion
6 minutes ago, Pi said:

Does this even move the needle with UT and OU departing? This is basically Conference USA part 2 for UC, and they couldn't wait to bolt from that. 

Not tremendously but they are getting four really good football programs. That might be enough to keep their status as an "Autonomy 5" conference which plays a major role in setting up the playoffs. Also, I'm guessing the other four leagues are more than happy to see BYU, Central Florida, Cincinnati, and Houston go to the Big 12 because it means they won't be asked about adding them in realignment.

Just now, gchs_uk9 said:

Not tremendously but they are getting four really good football programs. That might be enough to keep their status as an "Autonomy 5" conference which plays a major role in setting up the playoffs. Also, I'm guessing the other four leagues are more than happy to see BYU, Central Florida, Cincinnati, and Houston go to the Big 12 because it means they won't be asked about adding them in realignment.

When one of them four or one of the ones remaining is your best football program kinda hard to demand a permanent seat at the big boy table. 

27 minutes ago, Pi said:

Does this even move the needle with UT and OU departing? This is basically Conference USA part 2 for UC, and they couldn't wait to bolt from that. 

You can't be serious.... 

A football league that consists of UC, BYU, UCF, and Houston along with Iowa State, Oklahoma State, TCU, and West VA is light years ahead of CUSA and arguably the 3rd best P5 League when you include Baylor, Texas Tech, and K-State at the bottom. (Kansas is terrible... No argument there)

The fact that UC will no longer have to play ECU, USF, and Temple will be a major boost to their strength of schedule. 

19 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

I guarantee the ACC would add UC and/or West VA if they didn't have a crap GOR that isn't up until 2036. 

Only reason ACC hasn't expanded with 2 is the fact Notre Dame isn't interested in joining a conference. 

• theguru changed the title to BYU, UC, UCF, Houston Official to Big 12