2021 BluegrassPreps.com Preseason Mr. Football Watchlist

Great work DMC. Great detail all around for many well deserved athletes around our state!

Seeing Hunter Bradley and Clint McKee on the list, I would also add Mayfield’s Kylan Galbreath as one of the best in the west.  The success of the Cardinals will rely on legs of this young man.  He was injured most of last year and seems to be ready for a breakout year!

Small ins stature but quick,fast, and smart as a runner who also doesn’t mind to fill a gap and make a tackle on defense. He reminds me of VanCleave from a couple years ago. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FLYGUY said:

Watching Moorman last night, at Franklin I would say he works into being on the watch list. Not sure if FC will run it enough to please voters, but talent is there. 

Moorman is definitely a name for this conversation... next year. Being that he's a junior, he's ineligible for the 2021 Mr. Football award.

• 2 weeks later...

Top contenders and their opponents this week:

Vinny Anthony and Selah Brown vs. Floyd Central (IN)

Xavier Brown vs. Madison Central 

Isaac Dixon vs. Pulaski County - Dixon is the only one facing a team he saw last year. He had 194 yards and two touchdowns against the Maroons in 2020.

Jagger Gillis vs. Tates Creek 

Cam Hergott vs. Fairdale 

Dane Key vs. Bryan Station 

JaWaun Northington vs. Central

Caden Veltkamp vs. North Hardin 

Gavin Wimsatt vs. St. Xavier 

I think Wimsatt and Northington face the biggest challenges this week. X and Central should have top tier defenses this year.

• Thanks 1