Troy Howell Top 30 Countdown

12 minutes ago, teeroy said:

Hi everyone, speaking of rankings. MaxPreps sometimes struggles but this week’s looks pretty good. What do y’all think? Any team ranked too low or too high?9C8D0A34-05AC-4B57-BFA1-E467F2911FE1.thumb.png.e853dd215e17fe83f355c1d27ed079b3.png

I would have Male #1, St. X #2, Manual #3, Frederick Douglass #4, Trinity #5, South Warren #6, LCA #7, Boyle Co #8, Beechwood #9, and Corbin #10. My top 10.

• Like 1

@teeroyIf I had LCA 4th behind Beechwood and St. X in week 5, I wouldn’t have leapfrogged either because the beat Pikeville in a much closer than expected match in week 6.  X beat Trinity as well in week 6, not to mention Elder and Owensboro with Wimsatt.

As far as where I would have them, and I don’t put out a poll, but a nun in my fathers senior building does and she has it Male, X, Freddie, Trinity as top 4.  You can slug it out with Manual for 5th.

• Like 3

• 9 months later...
On 8/13/2021 at 2:42 PM, Unrivaled97 said:

My guess is we have Male, Trinity, Beechwood, Johnson Central, South Warren & Boyle Co. left.  Not a bad list of teams, but a few of those are not top 6.  I’ll be the first to say it, I have much respect for the Boyle Co. Program, but I’m not sure they’re even a top 15 team this year.  I guess we’ll see soon enough.

Reading back through from last year, this take was slightly off. 😳

13 hours ago, DearToday said:

Reading back through from last year, this take was slightly off. 😳

For sure.  It is usually not a good idea to pick against Boyle.  I've seen people doing it again this year.  I think Boyle will be great again.

• Like 6

19 hours ago, Unrivaled97 said:

Agreed; Trinity wasn’t Top 6 in the state last year 😃

If you look at Trinity's schedule and who they played, they could be 3-6. Beat Cincy St. X and every Kentucky team they played not named St. X or Male.