Reds at Brewers (7/8 - 7/11)

So far the Reds bats have been very silent. They have no hits through 4 at bats only two base runners a HBP and a walk. Also, half of the 12 outs so far have come by way of strikeouts. Thank goodness the Brewers only have 3 hits. Both pitchers have thrown a lot of pitches early so its going to come down to the bullpens before this one is over.

The Reds have now 4 hits a big 3 run homer by Castellanos to put them up 3-1. However I think they had a chance to put the game away in the top of the 8th with 2 on and 1 out and did not score. Then Brach gives up a 1 out walk and then a 2 run homer to Tyrone Taylor to now tie it at 3 and wipe out a good outing by Gutierrez. The Umps have been at the center of this game as well with so far 3 ejections. lol

This is one the Reds need to score in the 9th and win this one, can't let another lead get away.

1 hour ago, Mustang said:

What does Hader not understand about pitching Suarez down and away???  Free strike outs.

Reds catch a break.

🤣 Absolutely hilarious. I came to this thread wondering what in the world Mustang could spin from that game to dis a great win by the Reds. There was no friggin' break in that game and it is ludicrous to even try to go there. The Brewers got that game right where they wanted it with Hader on the mound and the Reds beat them at their own game. Suarez hit a bomb to right field off the best relief pitcher in baseball.

28 minutes ago, The Raven said:

Park security better be on high alert Sunday.   The Brewer fans are not happy with the umpiring in this series.

I agree Brewers fans are ticked. But that same umpire got the Brewers a 2 run HR. Brach pitched fantastic. Almost every pitch should have been called a strike but the ump didn't call half of them strikes. The ump forced Brach to pitch higher in the zone and that led to the game tieing HR in the 8th. 

The call on Votto and then tossing him from the game was also bad umpiring. It goes both ways.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

🤣 Absolutely hilarious. I came to this thread wondering what in the world Mustang could spin from that game to dis a great win by the Reds. There was no friggin' break in that game and it is ludicrous to even try to go there. The Brewers got that game right where they wanted it with Hader on the mound and the Reds beat them at their own game. Suarez hit a bomb to right field off the best relief pitcher in baseball.

Glad I didn't disappoint you.  Don't take me too seriously.  It just seems to me that the "best relief pitcher in baseball" would know to pitch Suarez down and away, or at very least down.  Hader has not been all that effective against the Reds this season and even the FOX guys said he was struggling and needed some time off.

My observation was that having Suarez  hit the go ahead home run on a pitch up, was a great break for the Reds.  I stand by it.

If you want me to be Captain Obvious then I will say what a great home run Castellanos hit off of Peralta, what a nice job Gutierrez did blanking the Brewers for six innings, how awful Brach is, and mention the gun down play at the plate, and that India was observant in seeing the miniscule "move to second base" by Yelich" and how nice it is to be five games over .500, there you have it.  But in a nutshell Hader threw Suarez a pitch that he could hit, and to me that was the game winner. 

No offense taken.  🙂

7 hours ago, Mustang said:

Glad I didn't disappoint you.  Don't take me too seriously.  It just seems to me that the "best relief pitcher in baseball" would know to pitch Suarez down and away, or at very least down.  Hader has not been all that effective against the Reds this season and even the FOX guys said he was struggling and needed some time off.

My observation was that having Suarez  hit the go ahead home run on a pitch up, was a great break for the Reds.  I stand by it.

If you want me to be Captain Obvious then I will say what a great home run Castellanos hit off of Peralta, what a nice job Gutierrez did blanking the Brewers for six innings, how awful Brach is, and mention the gun down play at the plate, and that India was observant in seeing the miniscule "move to second base" by Yelich" and how nice it is to be five games over .500, there you have it.  But in a nutshell Hader threw Suarez a pitch that he could hit, and to me that was the game winner. 

No offense taken.  🙂

Appreciate that reply. Please watch the video:

https://watchstadium.com/videos/eugenio-suarez-launches-go-ahead-homer-in-the-ninth-baseball/

The pitch to Suarez was exactly where you said Hader should have thrown it - "down and away". 

My point is Suarez and the Reds beat Hader and the Brewers and there was no break or mistake by the Brewers that "gave" the Reds that win. The Reds fought and earned that win. And you cannot belittle it if you watch what happened and call it as it is, versus trying to fulfill your ongoing hypothesis that every Reds win is a gift or lucky break. You have to give the Reds credit for that one. Call the other 46 Reds wins this year lucky if you want, but they earned that win last night.

I believe this Reds team has clearly demonstrated to management in this series where they stand and what they need. A win today would really put the pressure on Reds management to get this team the players they need to get into the playoffs.

Today's game is going to be fun. Playoff atmosphere. Things have heated up over the first 3 games. Ace vs ace on the mound. I am enjoying having a Cincinnati team in a game like this. Looking forward to it.