Midway and Bellarmine to start sprint football

barrel

I stumbled across this but both schools will add sprint football as sports. They are part of a new conference/league. Sprint football has a weight limit of 178 lbs for players. I don’t think either college has named a HC. 

1 hour ago, TheDeuce said:

So college football for middle school sized guys. 😂

I believe Mueller played it in college. It is a bigger thing in the northeast. I think it’s pretty cool addition and opportunity for some guys. I’m not saying you’re knocking it. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2021 at 9:35 AM, TheDeuce said:

"Sprint Football is a full-contact, intercollegiate, varsity sport and has the same rules as regular college football, except that all players must weigh 178.0 pounds or less. The league has been in existence since prior to World War II."

https://www.sprintfootball.com/about

First I've ever heard of it. Interesting!

On 7/2/2021 at 11:05 AM, barrel said:

I believe Mueller played it in college. It is a bigger thing in the northeast. I think it’s pretty cool addition and opportunity for some guys. I’m not saying you’re knocking it. 

When I lived in the Philadelphia area, there was a semi-pro 180lb and under league that I played in. There were a bunch of teams in the area, and was a lot of fun to play. There were many legit, former D1 athletes that were playing. Little bit different because this wasn't college based, but was a pretty big league.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...