Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chris Ezell New Trigg Head Coach

Featured Replies

Per station WKDZ. Asst. Coach from Former coach Peach will be the next head Wildcat. 

? Per official announcement made at the school today.

Congratulations Coach Ezell!

"Trigg County has promoted Chris Ezell to be the next head football coach at the school. Ezell replaces Mark Peach who took the Danville job last month after one season at Trigg."

"Ezell is a 2010 graduate of Hopkinsville High School where he played for Coach Dixie Jones. Both Ezell and Jones were on Peach's coaching staff last year."

Link to the story by Scott Brown ~

yoursportsedge.com/2021/05/05/chris-ezell-named-trigg-county-high-football-coach

Thanks for the lead @KingDeuce.

I believe this was Trigg county's Admins plan all along!

#1 get rid of the guy that actually cared about the kids & wanted to be there 

#2 bring in a “Big Name” Coach they knew didn’t want to be there since he didn’t even live in the  county so he would jump ship at his 1st opportunity to move on in 10 months 

#3 all so they could hire the guy they really wanted with only 6 years of coaching experience! Brilliant plan Trigg decision makers!! Your master plan has worked to perfection!!!

7 hours ago, CoachHB said:

I believe this was Trigg county's Admins plan all along!

#1 get rid of the guy that actually cared about the kids & wanted to be there 

#2 bring in a “Big Name” Coach they knew didn’t want to be there since he didn’t even live in the  county so he would jump ship at his 1st opportunity to move on in 10 months 

#3 all so they could hire the guy they really wanted with only 6 years of coaching experience! Brilliant plan Trigg decision makers!! Your master plan has worked to perfection!!!

Seems like they have a guy who wants to be there now! From what I read the coach learned under coach at Anderson on how to rebuild a program and establish a culture so I don’t expect anything less at Trigg from here on out. 

  • Author

Looks like the trend now is to hire a young coach that will take his licks the first few years and then quit? I cannot think this guy was the best coach that applied but was the one they wanted? Only one year at the school? You can’t blame this boy for taking the job but soon it will prove if he is ready and dealing with the parents.  Hope he does well but it looks dim?

I have no dog in the fight, but there has been success stories from hiring a young coach.  The notion you have to hire someone with "years" of experience is not the case.  Sometimes to ignite a program, there needs to be a young/passionate coach who hasn't been beaten down by the profession.  The statement "too young to know better" comes to mind.    

1 hour ago, LethalPG said:

I have no dog in the fight, but there has been success stories from hiring a young coach.  The notion you have to hire someone with "years" of experience is not the case.  Sometimes to ignite a program, there needs to be a young/passionate coach who hasn't been beaten down by the profession.  The statement "too young to know better" comes to mind.    

I would have to agree!  Congrats to Coach Ezell.  Hope he surrounds himself with the right staff to develop the right culture. It's going to take some time. Especially coming in so late in spring when school is about to let out.  Having kids buy in with a new staff during summer is going to be a challenge. 

Winning will be tough for a couple of years at Trigg.  From what I understand, their pipeline has some slim pickings.  My suggestion is to work the youth program, middle school as well as his current players.  That is, if he will be there for longer than a year or two. 

16 minutes ago, FB Head said:

I would have to agree!  Congrats to Coach Ezell.  Hope he surrounds himself with the right staff to develop the right culture. It's going to take some time. Especially coming in so late in spring when school is about to let out.  Having kids buy in with a new staff during summer is going to be a challenge. 

Winning will be tough for a couple of years at Trigg.  From what I understand, their pipeline has some slim pickings.  My suggestion is to work the youth program, middle school as well as his current players.  That is, if he will be there for longer than a year or two. 

So exactly who would this "new staff he surrounds himself with" consist of?

You do realize it will be the exact same staff that was already there & mostly the exact same staff the previous coach had?  That is unless Trigg all of a sudden creates some teaching jobs for this current head coach, which from the previous posts about Trigg's coaching $$ I very highly doubt it! 

Please keep us updated as to the new staff for us guys that are far away from there.    

2 hours ago, The Flea Market said:

Looks like the trend now is to hire a young coach that will take his licks the first few years and then quit? I cannot think this guy was the best coach that applied but was the one they wanted? Only one year at the school? You can’t blame this boy for taking the job but soon it will prove if he is ready and dealing with the parents.  Hope he does well but it looks dim?

Someone has to be the first to hire anyone. You talk about age a lot, do you personally not think younger coaches can do the job? Would you rather have hired someone with HC experience that was under .500 or try to catch lightning in a bottle? 

1 hour ago, CoachHB said:

So exactly who would this "new staff he surrounds himself with" consist of?

You do realize it will be the exact same staff that was already there & mostly the exact same staff the previous coach had?  That is unless Trigg all of a sudden creates some teaching jobs for this current head coach, which from the previous posts about Trigg's coaching $$ I very highly doubt it! 

Please keep us updated as to the new staff for us guys that are far away from there.    

There are a couple of teachers/admin in the Trigg system that have previous coaching experience that were not on Peach's staff.  They have stuck around this school system for various reasons.  Maybe Coach Ezell can count with their support and get them coaching again.    

  • Author

Looks like it will be the same old bunch helping out? Time will tell if this is a good hire or not?

  • Author
1 hour ago, WKY_Football said:

Someone has to be the first to hire anyone. You talk about age a lot, do you personally not think younger coaches can do the job? Would you rather have hired someone with HC experience that was under .500 or try to catch lightning in a bottle? 

I think experience means a lot . I would rather have a coach that has experienced the good and bad and knowing how to rebuild. I think about every coach has had a few down years? Maybe except Saben? Ezell is a good kid from all I am told but he will surround himself with the same old coaches and probably some family members. As I said before good luck to him as I hope he gets them back to being respectable!

6 minutes ago, The Flea Market said:

I think experience means a lot . I would rather have a coach that has experienced the good and bad and knowing how to rebuild. I think about every coach has had a few down years? Maybe except Saben? Ezell is a good kid from all I am told but he will surround himself with the same old coaches and probably some family members. As I said before good luck to him as I hope he gets them back to being respectable!

Experience as an assistant at some schools is better than being a HC at other schools though. HS is the only place where they tend to shy away from younger coaches. College and the NFL are all about it, I wonder why that is?

31 minutes ago, WKY_Football said:

Experience as an assistant at some schools is better than being a HC at other schools though. HS is the only place where they tend to shy away from younger coaches. College and the NFL are all about it, I wonder why that is?

People seem to think cause you have experience you were a good HC. Most of these OLDER guys are stuck their ways and don’t adjust with the innovative ways of football. But keep a HC job because people are afraid of change! 

36 minutes ago, WKY_Football said:

Experience as an assistant at some schools is better than being a HC at other schools though. HS is the only place where they tend to shy away from younger coaches. College and the NFL are all about it, I wonder why that is?

Seniority reigns supreme in the educational system.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.