Reds at Giants (4/12 - 4/14)

Reds battle back to tie it up in the top of the 7th, but then give it back up in the bottom of the inning.  Final score 7-6.

I'm sure to some the headline will be "bullpen can't hold lead".  And yes, that's true to an extent.  But, my goodness, Castillo is staked to a 4-0 lead before he ever took the mound in the first, and it's tied by the time he returns to the dugout.  Can't have that lapse in concentration.

• Like 2

Id take ownership of this poor result against SF but its on all of us. How can we not have a thread ready before the first West Coast trip of the season. 

I am disappointed in all of you, but not as much as I am disappointed in Suarez. Geez, he has fallen off a cliff.

10 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

I am disappointed in all of you, but not as much as I am disappointed in Suarez. Geez, he has fallen off a cliff.

I know he had a bad year last year...but, it was a weird year...so, I'll give him a little bit of a pass.  But, two things worried me when we broke spring training camp.  Him moving to a new position...AND him saying that he wants to hit 50 home runs.  There's a lot of pressure on him, both internally and externally, offensively and defensively.  And coming off the aforementioned poorest season of his career...

The most worrisome stat is the strikeouts.  16 in 39 AB's.  That's 41%.  Even last year, as poor as it was, his K% was 33.8%.  (By comparison, Adam Dunn's career % is 34.5%)  Now, maybe it's just a case of running into the wrong pitchers over a short sample size, but I think most people would say he's probably pressing too hard.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CincySportsFan said:

The most worrisome stat is the strikeouts.  16 in 39 AB's.  That's 41%.  Even last year, as poor as it was, his K% was 33.8%.  (By comparison, Adam Dunn's career % is 34.5%)  Now, maybe it's just a case of running into the wrong pitchers over a short sample size, but I think most people would say he's probably pressing too hard.

Even a little bit more concerning when you consider the bats around him.  It's the best lineup he's ever played with.