Jump to content

Cincinnati Bengals - Ring of Honor


Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, nees1212 said:

There is finally a family member over there that seems to get things.  We'll see how long she can keep this up.

Katie is 55 right now.  Mike took over when he was 56, I believe.  He's actually 3 years older now than what his dad was when he passed.  Not that I'm ill-wishing anything for him, but hopefully we are on the precipice of him turning more and more over to her.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, CincySportsFan said:

Katie is 55 right now.  Mike took over when he was 56, I believe.  He's actually 3 years older now than what his dad was when he passed.  Not that I'm ill-wishing anything for him, but hopefully we are on the precipice of him turning more and more over to her.

I'm referring to Elizabeth.  She seems to be breathing more life into that organization.  Although, I think Katie taking over will be a plus.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, CincySportsFan said:

Katie is 55 right now.  Mike took over when he was 56, I believe.  He's actually 3 years older now than what his dad was when he passed.  Not that I'm ill-wishing anything for him, but hopefully we are on the precipice of him turning more and more over to her.

Her daughter Elizabeth who is 28 is the one who has stepped up the Bengals game, and seems to be trying to address many of the concerns fans have had through the years. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, nees1212 said:

I'm referring to Elizabeth.  She seems to be breathing more life into that organization.  Although, I think Katie taking over will be a plus.

Gotcha.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CincySportsFan said:

About damn time.

Cincinnati Bengals | Ring of Honor

Paul Brown and Anthony Munoz to be two of the four inductees during 2021.  The other two will be decided upon by season ticket holders.

WAAAAAAAAAAAY overdue.  Shame some of the guys passed before this will be implemented.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, OlDog75 said:

WAAAAAAAAAAAY overdue.  Shame some of the guys passed before this will be implemented.

Absolutely.  I think it may have even hampered a couple of guys with regards to getting into Canton.  When your own team has refused to recognize your greatness, why should the national audience?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not a season ticket holder, but if I were I'd vote for the first Bengal drafted to be included in the inaugural ring of honor class, Center Bob Johnson.  And incredibly, the only Bengal to have his jersey number (54) retired.

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, OlDog75 said:

I'm not a season ticket holder, but if I were I'd vote for the first Bengal drafted to be included in the inaugural ring of honor class, Center Bob Johnson.  And incredibly, the only Bengal to have his jersey number (54) retired.

Not sure Bob may have the name recognition amongst the younger folk.  Not saying he isn't deserving, just that there's others who people may tend to be more familiar with.

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, The Raven said:

The other 2 should be Ken Anderson and Isaac Curtis or Ken Riley.

I'm going to vote for Ken and Ken.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, CincySportsFan said:

Not sure Bob may have the name recognition amongst the younger folk.  Not saying he isn't deserving, just that there's others who people may tend to be more familiar with.

Which is the reason something like "Bengals Ring of Honor" should have been done years ago.  If history isn't taught or mentioned.........

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using the site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Policies.