So we're yet to to see an official schedule to come out from Ashland, but here's what we've seen thus far from other schedules that have come out:

Aug 20 vs. Raceland
Aug 27 at Boyd County
Sep 3 - OPEN
Sep 10 at Wheelersburg (OH)
Sep 18 vs. West Jessamine
Sep 24 - OPEN
Oct 2 at Elizabethtown
Oct 8 at East Carter (District)
Oct 15 at Russell (District)
Oct 22 vs. Greenup County (District)
Oct 29 - OPEN

Ashland1.thumb.jpg.d2d4331bc682d491ba182821e27e04c7.jpg

18 minutes ago, colonel-fan said:

9/10 Ashland plays at Wheelersburg, OH.

So in recent years, Ashland's non-district schedule has also included Rowan County, Bell County, Bourbon County, Knox Central, Harlan County, Johnson Central, Ironton (OH), George Washingon (WV), and Spring Valley (WV).

Rowan, Bourbon, Knox Central, Ironton, and Spring Valley have all released their 2021 schedules, which don't include Ashland. 

As I mentioned in the Open Football Dates 2021 thread, Johnson Central has open dates (or at least very recently had open dates) on Sep 3, Sep 17, and Sep 24. Paintsville also has Sep 17 and Sep 24 open.

My understanding is that there is some heartburn between Ashland & JC as well as Paintsville & JC. Not sure what the relationship is like between Ashland and Paintsville...but regardless, I'd love to see Ashland vs. Johnson Central on Sep 3, Ashland vs. Paintsville on Sep 17, and then Paintsville vs. Johnson Central on Sep 24.

Looks Like no Ashland/Ironton game this year. Here is Irontons Schedule

Waverly- Scrimmage

Cabell Midland- Scrimmage

Wheelersburg 8/20

Jackson 8/27

Fairland 9/3

Cinci Moeller 9/10

South Point 9/17

Chesapeake 9/24

Rock Hill 10/1

Coal Grove 10/8

Gallia Acadamy 10/15

Portsmouth 10/22

• Thanks 1

Ashland has the big shoes to fill with the next man up. Ironton will be in somewhat of a rebuild year but with kids still not close to being approved for Covid vaccine the WV schools aren’t playing out of state for the most part. Ashland and JC probably won’t happen but part of the deal there goes back to when matteny was coaching Sheldon Clark and they were in Ashland’s district early 2000’s. We were playing on 2000 at home and SC was up 34-0 late 4 quarter(under a minute) matteny called a timeout and ran full back trap and the kid went 17-20 yards for TD and matteny went for 2, the next year 9/11 happened the week we were suppose to play each other and of course it was to be rescheduled for the next 3 weeks matteny refused to play us until state forced his hand. We played game of Friday night then Monday night we played SC(killed them and even called a timeout because play that coach Hart called was going for TD, irony we called fullback trap went for TD) and then we played 3rd game that next Friday so we won all 3 games big allowing starters to rest from mid 3rd quarter on. Ever since then the guys still on staff at Ashland have always held a grudge towards matteny and now Tony I believe is only one left from that era. I filmed for the coaching staff from 1998-beginning of 2018 when I left for second cancer surgery, I also filmed for my brother his junior and senior years 89-90. He and the rest of the 90 core group used my film to know exactly what coach Marsh would rip them for those 2 years on mondays. 

• Like 1
19 hours ago, tomcat1984 said:

Ashland has the big shoes to fill with the next man up. Ironton will be in somewhat of a rebuild year but with kids still not close to being approved for Covid vaccine the WV schools aren’t playing out of state for the most part. Ashland and JC probably won’t happen but part of the deal there goes back to when matteny was coaching Sheldon Clark and they were in Ashland’s district early 2000’s. We were playing on 2000 at home and SC was up 34-0 late 4 quarter(under a minute) matteny called a timeout and ran full back trap and the kid went 17-20 yards for TD and matteny went for 2, the next year 9/11 happened the week we were suppose to play each other and of course it was to be rescheduled for the next 3 weeks matteny refused to play us until state forced his hand. We played game of Friday night then Monday night we played SC(killed them and even called a timeout because play that coach Hart called was going for TD, irony we called fullback trap went for TD) and then we played 3rd game that next Friday so we won all 3 games big allowing starters to rest from mid 3rd quarter on. Ever since then the guys still on staff at Ashland have always held a grudge towards matteny and now Tony I believe is only one left from that era. I filmed for the coaching staff from 1998-beginning of 2018 when I left for second cancer surgery, I also filmed for my brother his junior and senior years 89-90. He and the rest of the 90 core group used my film to know exactly what coach Marsh would rip them for those 2 years on mondays. 

I hate to spoil all of your fun tomcat 1984 but Coach Love and Coach Matney are actually pretty good friends. In fact Coach Love and Coach Matney talked this year about getting the series revived but the only week Ashland had open then was week 7 and Johnson Central had that week filled with a district opponent Clay County. Ashland has since filled that date with Elizabethtown. So what did Coach Love do? Since he dislikes Coach Matney so much(your words) he turned around and agreed to scrimmage at Jonson Central on August 13th and they’re are playing an home and home series in JV. I’m not sure who is on Ashland’s schedule this year but their schedule is now fill according to Coach Love. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...