December 17, 200619 yr It seems like every team has one or two defensive backs with nappy dreds hanging out of their helmets. Why is this so prominent among DBs but no other positions in the NFL? Just a few I can think of off the top of my head (feel free to add to the list): Pac-Man Jones (Tenn) Lamont Thomas (Tenn) Troy Polamalu (Pitt)
December 17, 200619 yr Also Marcus Trufant on the Seahawks... Though his aren't as long as some others.
December 17, 200619 yr Author I think you see it just as much on the DL. Lots of Somoans in the trenches... I don't see it much with linemen (perhaps because linemen are less visible than DBs). But it's everywhere with DBs. Don't rain on my parade … :mad: :lol:
December 17, 200619 yr My theory is it is because they are less likely to be tackled, do to being a defensive player.. So they don't really have to worry about being brought down by their hair.
December 18, 200619 yr I know of at least 2 BGPers (not me) who love DBs with dreds. Not sure why but they always mention it.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.