Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cubster's 16th Region Poll 12/17

Featured Replies

Here goes.....

 

1. Russell-Dodd will have them ready for Raceland Tourney

2. Greenup-Musketeers off to 4-1 start

3. Rose Hill-This team is turning some heads

4. Elliott-Dangerous as always

5. Rowan-Solid guards make this team a contender

6. Boyd-Lions are a pleasant surprise

7. East-Baker's boys are very competitive

8. Ashland-Much needed win to end the week

9. Raceland-Rams will be in the mix

10.Fairview-This team had a good mix of youth and Barker

11.West-Comets have some nice wins

12.Morgan-Rough start for Cougars

13.Lewis-Lions have tough draw at BC Classic

14.Menifee-Need some W's

15.Bath-see Menifee

16.Fleming-see Bath and Menifee

 

Let the debates begin.......Holiday tourneys should change things for my Christmas poll.

  • Replies 53
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking over the ratings, it appears that there are at least a half dozen teams who could win the region. There is a lot of parity although I would still bet on Russell- boys, girls, and academics.:cool:

I can't believe you didnt take my word for Rose Hill being #2!!

I predict you'll be on the bandwagon by next week though:D

Good poll Cubster. I still think Elliott is a top 3 in the region. Starting to play very well.

As has been the case all year you can make a case for several teams to be in the top 5. Overall I think you have done a find job. Although I think I have to agree with shooter that at this time Rose Hill has earned the #2 spot.

As has been the case all year you can make a case for several teams to be in the top 5. Overall I think you have done a find job. Although I think I have to agree with shooter that at this time Rose Hill has earned the #2 spot.

 

At this point I agree, Rose Hill has an undefeated record and have beat the likes of Morgan Co. on their home court and Washington DC Ballou.

  • Author
At this point I agree, Rose Hill has an undefeated record and have beat the likes of Morgan Co. on their home court and Washington DC Ballou.

Lost 98-68 to a very talented Ballard team.

In all honesty, and not dissing Rose Hill they need to beat some top in region teams(and probably will) that everyone know's before they get the two spot. They have only beatenone in region team that is 0-3. I know they will eventually do this but as of right now they havent. Now before all you R.H guys go ballistic I'm not saying they are not they good because I know they are a lot tougher this year. Im just saying they havent proved it in the region yet. just a matter of time

Lost 98-68 to a very talented Ballard team.

 

That is correct but the win at the KOB maybe the best in the region thus far. Like I said you can make a case for Greenup or others but Rose Hill would be my choice and a biased one at that.

Seems like a pretty fair poll for this early in the season, but I look for it to come down to Russell and Rose Hill by the end of the season.

In all honesty, and not dissing Rose Hill they need to beat some top in region teams(and probably will) that everyone know's before they get the two spot. They have only beatenone in region team that is 0-3. I know they will eventually do this but as of right now they havent. Now before all you R.H guys go ballistic I'm not saying they are not they good because I know they are a lot tougher this year. Im just saying they havent proved it in the region yet. just a matter of time

 

 

Hootscoot gives a good appraisal of the situation. Neither Rose Hill nor any other 16th Region team has a win over a ranked or even semi-ranked in state opponent. On the other hand, the Ballou win is certainly the region's top win to date.

 

Rose Hill is extremely young. I don't know that I would rate them second in the region. I might be inclined to put the Russell boys as first and the Russell girls as second followed by an experienced Elliott County and Rowan County. I'm sure Cubster will disagree but, of course, he may be biased.;)

Seems like a pretty fair poll for this early in the season, but I look for it to come down to Russell and Rose Hill by the end of the season.

 

I certainly hope kinglion is correct. It would indicate that the Royals are a year or so ahead of schedule.

Cubster puts together a great poll, and provides plenty of fodder for discussion throughout the season, but I don't think the Rose Hill kids are too torn up over whether anyone thinks they should be second or third or first or fifteenth at this point in the season. They're just taking things one game at a time. :thumb:

 

In the meantime, the entire Rose Hill team was invited to attend the Indiana University/Southern Illinois basketball game last night by the IU coaching staff. The boys had front row floor seats, and several were seen on ESPN. They got to shake hands with some of the IU players, and had a great time in Bloomington.

 

Word is that Indiana, Xavier and U.K. will be at the K.O.B. Monday to watch Euton and Jackson.

 

This is a big step up for a program that has seen its share of struggles. :thumb:

Do you Rose Hillers expect Euton and Jackson to stick around and graduate from Rose Hill ? From what I've heard they both will be good enough to move on to a few of the traditional powerhouse basketball teams around the country. Im not trying to start anything, its an honest question.

Do you Rose Hillers expect Euton and Jackson to stick around and graduate from Rose Hill ? From what I've heard they both will be good enough to move on to a few of the traditional powerhouse basketball teams around the country. Im not trying to start anything, its an honest question.

 

There is no reason for them to leave. They, like O.J. and Billy a few years back, are getting the down state publicity and have made their reputations through AAU competition. Mayo and Walker would have fared as well if they had stayed at Rose Hill as they have by relocating. Euton and Jackson will not lack attention.

 

Where would they be better served? Although they have been "courted" by some of our locals, none of these suitors have a superior supporting cast to what Rose Hill will have in the next few years. Any local transfer would be both suspicious and a step down.

 

As for the OHAs of the world, if these boys continue to improve, they won't need such a school any more than Mayo needed one.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.