Bryan Station - 2021 Schedule

Aug 6 vs. Lexington Christian Academy (Scrimmage)
Aug 13 at Lexington Catholic (Scrimmage)
Aug 20 vs. Frederick Douglass
Aug 27 vs. Mercer County (at Boyle County, Rebel Bowl)
Sep 3 - BYE
Sep 10 vs. Scott County
Sep 17 at Tates Creek
Sep 24 at Lafayette
Oct 1 vs. Henry Clay
Oct 8 vs. George Rogers Clark (District)
Oct 15 at Madison Central (District)
Oct 22 vs. Oldham County (District)
Oct 29 vs. Paul Laurence Dunbar

1567623869_BryanStation.jpg.190724c981e49764f3cab9b22f4edc39.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Purple88 said:

Will they be the favorite in the district this year?

Picking favorites in the Lexington 6A district is a tough task. It seems like teams rise and fall quickly. Station took a big step last season. It will be interesting to see if they can maintain and move forward.

• Like 2

More than likely, our QB that started the first 4 games will take that spot. He was 3-1, including the 7-6 loss to Scott County. There is no telling if we will be any better, but one year under their belts in our system may help some. We are going to be tested early by Douglass, Mercer and Scott Co in first 3 games over a four week period.

• Like 2

I remember meeting with my college coach and actually working out for him. My son did the same thing for his college coach. 
In both cases, I remember how much I didn’t want to let my coach down and how hard I wanted to improve and show up at College camp in the best shape and as sharp as I possibly could be. 
I wanted my coach to say “ Wow! Iam glad I recruited this kid” as I sure as heck didn’t want to disappoint. 
I hope the Highlands young men are doing the same right now, working themselves to be the very best. I believe most are but not all. A handful of Sr leaders need to rally your team and don’t embarrass yourself, you might not want to hear this but last year you embarrassed yourself and the program.
Bob will know immediately who worked and who didn’t, that is the experience he brings that others couldn’t bring. 
Food for thought for those young men that read BGP, if you think you worked  hard last year, you need to work 3 times harder right now and do “whatever is necessary “ to be be prepared when you meet Coach Sphire. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sweeperboy said:

I remember meeting with my college coach and actually working out for him. My son did the same thing for his college coach. 
In both cases, I remember how much I didn’t want to let my coach down and how hard I wanted to improve and show up at College camp in the best shape and as sharp as I possibly could be. 
I wanted my coach to say “ Wow! Iam glad I recruited this kid” as I sure as heck didn’t want to disappoint. 
I hope the Highlands young men are doing the same right now, working themselves to be the very best. I believe most are but not all. A handful of Sr leaders need to rally your team and don’t embarrass yourself, you might not want to hear this but last year you embarrassed yourself and the program.
Bob will know immediately who worked and who didn’t, that is the experience he brings that others couldn’t bring. 
Food for thought for those young men that read BGP, if you think you worked  hard last year, you need to work 3 times harder right now and do “whatever is necessary “ to be be prepared when you meet Coach Sphire. 

Sweep, this is Bryan Station thread. I think you probably meant for this to be on Highlands coach thread.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...