Open Job: Paducah Tilghman

Head Coach Jonathan Smith, after only 3 seasons with the Tornado, is out. There isn't much info as of yet, but I assume we will find out more shortly. 

This one is a shocker as Coach Smith seemingly had everything going in his favor. Most people around here thought he could be a 20+ year guy. 

He played a big role in the new training facility, new scoreboard and the soon to be new turf field. He had great relationships in the community and was able to leverage that to his advantage. 

He has a team of youngsters ready to break out. The timing of this really is a head scratcher. 

The Tilghman coaching curse continues. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Hearing some things about this one.

Regardless, Corey Robinson....there's a call for you on line two.

Absolutely. There is no doubt about it. Anything outside of at least giving him the opportunity would be insane on their part. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, barrel said:

Is that the guy that threw for 100 TDs in a season as a player?

26 minutes ago, R1 sports fan said:

Yes at Lone Oak in 2007. It wasn’t 100, I believe it was 93 but don’t quote me on that. 

Lone Oak scored 50+ in 11 games that year. Scored 34+ in every game till the championship and then only scored 7 in the title game.

Robinson threw a state record 91 TD passes that season. Number 2 for TD passes in a season is 62 by Justin Burke, Lex Cath 2005.

• Like 1

No idea what coaching qualifications Robinson has, but rumor is he had the backing of a big PT booster. I would be shocked if he isn’t the next PT head coach. Have heard rumblings of this around WKY the past few weeks. 

Great job by Coach Smith. Class man who got a raw deal. 

3 minutes ago, WKY_Football said:

No idea what coaching qualifications Robinson has, but rumor is he had the backing of a big PT booster. I would be shocked if he isn’t the next PT head coach. Have heard rumblings of this around WKY the past few weeks. 

Great job by Coach Smith. Class man who got a raw deal. 

He was the coach at McCracken Middle, then has been an assistant for the last year for Tilghman.